A bullet meant to disperse protestors at the Adentan-Madina highway has hit a mother and her 14-year-old son, Myjoyonline.com is learning.
According to an eyewitness, the mother and son were trying to avoid the chaos at the West African Senior High School (WASS) stretch of the highway when they were hit by the bullet.
They were at the SDA junction, metres away from the scene where riots broke out after a taxi driver knocked and killed a first-year student of WASS.
The young lady had gone to register for the Gold Track semester which is expected to begin on Saturday, November 10, according to reports.
Residents blocked the road and set old tyres on fire to prevent drivers from using the road.
The accident sparked fresh outrage from exhausted residents whose calls for works to be completed on abandoned six footbridges on the highway, seem to have gone unheeded.
So far, 195 lives have been claimed on the highway that has no road signs and functioning streetlights since it was constructed about a decade ago.
The woman’s brother who was called immediately the incident occurred, said they are receiving treatment at the hospital.
According to Emmanuel, the stray bullet is lodged in his nephew’s leg and the teenager is in great pain.
He said his sister and nephew were on their way home when the incident occurred.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police pick up 33 suspects in Kumasi market fires
- Akim Oda: CAC gets 300 banquet chairs from businessman
- Family of military couple that died in flood wants gov’t support for 12-year-old son
- Surviving disaster: Victim of Achimota building collapse becomes top producer
- Road crew gets failing grade after misspelling ‘school’ on school crossing
- Subin MP says Asafo Market fire is 'quite strange,' plans to partner with NADMO
- Otumfuo@20: Let peace reign upon our nation - Asantehene appeals to politicians
- Christ, your risen Lord is your lawyer, how can you fail? - Aps. Mike Etrue
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University