Some unknown assailants have attacked and butchered a farmer at a spot between Tomfokrom and Nsuta in the Bosome Freho district of Ashanti Region.
The 59-year-old man identified only as Obodai, was sending his ward to school when he was attacked on Friday, November 9.
According to reports from Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor, the farmer takes his son to the only school in Nsuta every morning.
His lifeless body was found on a bushy road with machete wounds to the head, shoulders, arms and other parts of the body.
Obodai’s motorbike and the boy’s school bag were found lying close to him.
The 18-year old son of the farmer was found after residents in the community mounted a search for him.
He had also sustained machete wounds and was barely breathing. The boy was rushed to the hospital on a motorcycle by one of the residents.
Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor stated the road between Tomfokrom and Nsuta is very bushy and unsafe for use.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Pantang Hospital JHS pupil wins Aspire to Bee spelling competition
- 'Dead' man turns up two months after burial
- Asiwa police chief shot, in critical condition
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor