Some unknown assailants have attacked and butchered a farmer at a spot between Tomfokrom and Nsuta in the Bosome Freho district of Ashanti Region.
The 59-year-old man identified only as Obodai, was sending his ward to school when he was attacked on Friday, November 9.
According to reports from Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor, the farmer takes his son to the only school in Nsuta every morning.
His lifeless body was found on a bushy road with machete wounds to the head, shoulders, arms and other parts of the body.
Obodai’s motorbike and the boy’s school bag were found lying close to him.
The 18-year old son of the farmer was found after residents in the community mounted a search for him.
He had also sustained machete wounds and was barely breathing. The boy was rushed to the hospital on a motorcycle by one of the residents.
Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor stated the road between Tomfokrom and Nsuta is very bushy and unsafe for use.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UG Fellow involved in Ethiopian Air crash remembered
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John's, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge
- Privately trained nurses gear up to re-enact ‘kumiprɛko’ demo
- Today's Front Pages
- No prosecutions since 2006 - Police/military brutalities on journalists...
- UK Embassy introduces self-upload Visa, Immigration application portal
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases