Lecturers and students of the Integrated Development Studies Department of the Evangelical Presbyterian University College (EPUC) in Ho in the Volta Region, have donated books and other teaching and learning materials to the Leklebe-Wobe D/A Primary School in the Afadjato South.
The donation was realised through the contribution of students, staff of the Integrated Development Studies Department of the University and other philanthropic organisations such as Adanu.
The Community is a settlement of farmers on top of the mountain, only reachable through a footpath on the slopes and cliffs of the thick forest and cocoa farms of Leklebi.
The Headmaster of the school, Ruben Oscar Komla Shun, commended the initiators and the supporters of the initiative to reach out to the school. He further appealed for more support in terms of solar lights and additional classrooms for the school.
According to the Head of Department of Integrated Development Studies of the Evangelical Presbyterian University College, Richard Sena, the gesture forms part of the Department 's outreach to remote communities.
Richard Sena called for further help for the community by assisting members of the community to create stairs on the pathway to the top where the community exists to ease the plight of the people and help open the community to visitors.
"It costs nothing much, but some equipment to create slabs or stairs from the foot of the mountain to top. This will help the people in bringing their farm produce to the market. The District Assembly can help in this direction,” he added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police pick up 33 suspects in Kumasi market fires
- Akim Oda: CAC gets 300 banquet chairs from businessman
- Family of military couple that died in flood wants gov’t support for 12-year-old son
- Surviving disaster: Victim of Achimota building collapse becomes top producer
- Road crew gets failing grade after misspelling ‘school’ on school crossing
- Subin MP says Asafo Market fire is 'quite strange,' plans to partner with NADMO
- Otumfuo@20: Let peace reign upon our nation - Asantehene appeals to politicians
- Christ, your risen Lord is your lawyer, how can you fail? - Aps. Mike Etrue
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University