President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo says he is disturbed by a ceiling collapse at Accra Mall, Thursday.
In a tweeted reaction to the accident, the president called for improved maintenance culture in the country.
The collapse of the ceiling at the Mall has left at least three people injured.
“I am disturbed to hear of the incident at the Accra Mall. Let us all work together to improve our maintenance culture. Speedy recovery to the injured,” he tweeted.
I am disturbed to hear of the incident at the Accra Mall. Let us all work together to improve our maintenance culture. Speedy recovery to the injured.— Nana Akufo-Addo (@NAkufoAddo) October 11, 2018
Parts of the ceiling at Electronic Hub of the mall tumbled, injuring patrons.
The incident occurred around the Apple Shop area of the mall towards the food court at exactly 11:59 an eyewitness said.
Scores were left running for their dear lives in what was believed to be a scary moment.
The identity of the injured persons are yet to be ascertained.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Implement new mining policy effectively- Media coalition against galamsey tells gov't
- Cargill calls on COCOBOD, Agric Minister
- 4-year-old girl dead after being defiled
- Ban on small-scale mining lifted
- New dawn as gov’t train ‘galamseyers’ to mine the right way
- From grass to grace: How a young man surmounted challenges to become CEO
- Anti-galamsey taskforce attacked over arrest of Chinese miners
- Special report and photos: A boy’s wish
- Prampram Mankralo gunned down by unknown assailants
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Man quits his job to wait for “dream girl” he made eye contact with for 10 seconds
- City Construction & Properties Awards launched to promote building excellence
- The deadliest place in Earth’s history?
- NCA warns defaulting radio stations to settle authorisation fees
- Gov't working on law to improve cybersecurity environment