President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo says he is disturbed by a ceiling collapse at Accra Mall, Thursday.
In a tweeted reaction to the accident, the president called for improved maintenance culture in the country.
The collapse of the ceiling at the Mall has left at least three people injured.
“I am disturbed to hear of the incident at the Accra Mall. Let us all work together to improve our maintenance culture. Speedy recovery to the injured,” he tweeted.
I am disturbed to hear of the incident at the Accra Mall. Let us all work together to improve our maintenance culture. Speedy recovery to the injured.— Nana Akufo-Addo (@NAkufoAddo) October 11, 2018
Parts of the ceiling at Electronic Hub of the mall tumbled, injuring patrons.
The incident occurred around the Apple Shop area of the mall towards the food court at exactly 11:59 an eyewitness said.
Scores were left running for their dear lives in what was believed to be a scary moment.
The identity of the injured persons are yet to be ascertained.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Relegating local dishes to background cause of low productivity
- Love potion for sale: Herbalist claims to possess powers that prevent divorce
- I don’t know why my men wore masks - SWAT Commander Azugu
- 'My boys overacted' – SWAT commander tells Short Commission
- Komla Dumor family outlines 5th-anniversary plans
- 6 new districts to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, February 18, 2019
- Ghana Publishing Company, KNUST sign deal to promote research, skills dev’t
- Ghanaian engineers urge gov’t to intensify investment in technology, innovation
- GIS to begin nationwide crackdown on landlords renting out to ‘illegal residents’
- Top UK high schools to recruit students, footballers in Ghana
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- 5 best trips for solo travellers
- UN experts urge govt to ensure justice for slain Ahmed
- Photos: 2 passengers allegedly raped, others robbed at gunpoint