A delegation from the Ghana Institution of Engineering has left Accra to attend the 2018 American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Convention in Denver Colorado in the United States of America.
This year's conference comes off at the Hyatt Regency Colorado Convention Centre from October 12th-15th on the theme Engineering, Innovation and Leading.
During the conference, a Memorandum of Understanding will be signed between the ASCE and the GhIE.
The agreement will focus on the exchange of information regarding the Engineering Profession in general.
It will especially highlight the sharing of information on scientific research and technical issues of mutual interest to both bodies.
The Agreement also provides mutual professional advice in areas of emergency response to natural disasters and the mitigation of risks and hazards.
The delegation, which is led by the President of the GhIE, Ing. Steve A Amoaning-Yankson, includes Ing. Leslie Alex Ayeh President-elect, Ing Kwabena Agyei Agyepong, Executive Director (Ag) and Chair of the Civil Division Ing. Joseph Oddei.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself