A delegation from the Ghana Institution of Engineering has left Accra to attend the 2018 American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Convention in Denver Colorado in the United States of America.
This year's conference comes off at the Hyatt Regency Colorado Convention Centre from October 12th-15th on the theme Engineering, Innovation and Leading.
During the conference, a Memorandum of Understanding will be signed between the ASCE and the GhIE.
The agreement will focus on the exchange of information regarding the Engineering Profession in general.
It will especially highlight the sharing of information on scientific research and technical issues of mutual interest to both bodies.
The Agreement also provides mutual professional advice in areas of emergency response to natural disasters and the mitigation of risks and hazards.
The delegation, which is led by the President of the GhIE, Ing. Steve A Amoaning-Yankson, includes Ing. Leslie Alex Ayeh President-elect, Ing Kwabena Agyei Agyepong, Executive Director (Ag) and Chair of the Civil Division Ing. Joseph Oddei.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Security guard jailed for threatening former minister
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu
- Photos: US Ambassador holds Iftar with interfaith community
- Efficient agriculture surest bet to beating climate change – Experts
- Pictures: Fire ravages furniture shop at Sakaman
- Passport fees to go up
- Darkuman police station gets Church of Pentecost help
- Photo of the week: The contradiction on the wall
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to security threats’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously