Some residents of Akyem Oda in the Eastern Region have taken to the streets to protest delays by the government to release fund for the rehabilitation of an important access bridge in the area.
The dilapidated bridge near the Jubilee Hospital links the main Oda township to the capital city, Accra and the Central Region.
Led by the Akyem Oda Concerned Citizens Association (AKOCCA), the residents say the deplorable state of poses danger to residents and road users.
They want the government to deal with the situation swiftly.
Drivers say their vehicles get trapped in large craters that have developed on the bridge.
In June this year, a tipper truck with registration number GT - 7528 -15 fell off the edge of the bridge.
That incident prompted a similar protest by citizens led by AKOCCA.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- SSGL is Environmental, Sanitation Services Company of the Year
- 42 minors rescued from slavery on Volta Lake
- Trust God, build well - Minister advises potential victims of earth tremors
- Police open probe into sexual assault of British girls, teacher at gunpoint
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- Free SHS: Kufuor poo-poo’s ‘rich must pay’ argument
- National Chief Imam honours Dr Bawumia
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon