The Judicial Service will on Friday, October 19, honour Multimedia journalist, Seth Kwame Boateng, for his contribution to the success of the Justice For All Programme (JFAP).
The awards dinner will also coincide with the 10th Anniversary Celebrations of JFAP, a state-driven initiative to decongest the prisons as well as providing justice for remand prisoners.
“Your diligence and conscious work towards the cause of the programme has contributed immensely towards the success of JFAP,” the Service said in a letter.
It will be the fourth award to be received by the multiple award-winning journalist in a couple of weeks.
Over the weekend, he was honoured with the Most Distinguished Transformational Leaders’ award, at the 9th Young Professionals Role Models Awards 2018 by Young Professionals and Youth Coalition (YPYC).
On October 27, Mr Kwame Boateng will be decorated with another award at the 2018 edition of the Ghana Peace Awards scheduled at the British Council Hall.
This is in recognition for his outstanding contribution in the process to forestalling peace to Nankpanduri in the Northern Region.
Seth Kwame Boateng in May 2015, told the stories of shock, pain and sheer neglect of possibly innocent people spending productive hours behind bars through the documentary titled ‘Locked and forgotten’.
He embarked on another Special Assignment and in June 2016, brought the nation to a standstill with his groundbreaking documentary 'Left to Rot'. The documentary focused on the poor state of Ghana’s prison.
The documentaries, which highlighted the congestion and inhumane conditions in which especially remand prisoners live, resulted in the revitalised JFAP by Judicial Service and led to scores of remand prisoners regaining their freedoms.
The ceremony to award the Joy News Assisting Editor, which will take place at the Labadi Beach Hotel, is under the theme “Justice For All Programme; A model for fair trial and Prison decongestion: Achievements, challenges and prospects”
President Nana Akufo-Addo will be attending the ceremony as the Special Guest.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police pick up 33 suspects in Kumasi market fires
- Akim Oda: CAC gets 300 banquet chairs from businessman
- Family of military couple that died in flood wants gov’t support for 12-year-old son
- Surviving disaster: Victim of Achimota building collapse becomes top producer
- Road crew gets failing grade after misspelling ‘school’ on school crossing
- Subin MP says Asafo Market fire is 'quite strange,' plans to partner with NADMO
- Otumfuo@20: Let peace reign upon our nation - Asantehene appeals to politicians
- Christ, your risen Lord is your lawyer, how can you fail? - Aps. Mike Etrue
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University