The Judicial Service will on Friday, October 19, honour Multimedia journalist, Seth Kwame Boateng, for his contribution to the success of the Justice For All Programme (JFAP).
The awards dinner will also coincide with the 10th Anniversary Celebrations of JFAP, a state-driven initiative to decongest the prisons as well as providing justice for remand prisoners.
“Your diligence and conscious work towards the cause of the programme has contributed immensely towards the success of JFAP,” the Service said in a letter.
It will be the fourth award to be received by the multiple award-winning journalist in a couple of weeks.
Over the weekend, he was honoured with the Most Distinguished Transformational Leaders’ award, at the 9th Young Professionals Role Models Awards 2018 by Young Professionals and Youth Coalition (YPYC).
On October 27, Mr Kwame Boateng will be decorated with another award at the 2018 edition of the Ghana Peace Awards scheduled at the British Council Hall.
This is in recognition for his outstanding contribution in the process to forestalling peace to Nankpanduri in the Northern Region.
Seth Kwame Boateng in May 2015, told the stories of shock, pain and sheer neglect of possibly innocent people spending productive hours behind bars through the documentary titled ‘Locked and forgotten’.
He embarked on another Special Assignment and in June 2016, brought the nation to a standstill with his groundbreaking documentary 'Left to Rot'. The documentary focused on the poor state of Ghana’s prison.
The documentaries, which highlighted the congestion and inhumane conditions in which especially remand prisoners live, resulted in the revitalised JFAP by Judicial Service and led to scores of remand prisoners regaining their freedoms.
The ceremony to award the Joy News Assisting Editor, which will take place at the Labadi Beach Hotel, is under the theme “Justice For All Programme; A model for fair trial and Prison decongestion: Achievements, challenges and prospects”
President Nana Akufo-Addo will be attending the ceremony as the Special Guest.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- AIBF announces 2018 Literary Awards winners
- Yendi: One dead, 2 picked for disrupting rites to enskin new Ya-Na
- 'World's cutest dog' dies from 'heartbreak'
- NPP MP mounts defence for embattled colleague over killed undercover investigator
- 108 police personnel diagnosed with mental illness
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam
- Yo-Naa Abubakari Mahama is new Ya Naa-elect
- It's time to nip creeping Fake News challenge in the bud – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ahmed murder an attack on press freedom – US Embassy
- OneGhana Movement wants Kennedy Agyapong prosecuted
- 120 Ghanaian police officers heading to Somalia