The Ghana Export Promotion Authority’s chief executive has been appointed as a new member to serve on the Advisory Board of the International Trade Centre.
Afua Asabea’s role will be to provide guidance in strengthening both the international trade and investment sectors. She will also offer strategic advice on the administration of the organization.
“I am humbled by the opportunity to serve on such a prestigious body. I am positive about the future and looking forward to making an impact that is globally and locally relevant for Ghana’s Trade and Investment drive and our national commitment to build a Ghana Beyond Aid,” she said in a statement.
The statement further thanked Asare for her “commitment and contribution to the ITC and is therefore expected to support Trade and Investment Promotion organizations around the world to deliver trade impact for good with her new appointment.”
ITC is a multilateral agency partnered with the World Trade Organization and the United Nations through the UN’s Conference on Trade and Development. Their main focus is fully dedicated to supporting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Her appointment will be from 2018-2020.
“Ms. Asare is elated on her new appointment and is optimistic of making a difference on the board of the ITC TISI,” the statement read.
Asabea holds a Master of Arts in Positive Leadership and Strategy from IE University in Madrid, a Master of Business Administration in International Business from Paris Graduate School of Business and a PMD in Strategic Marketing from Harvard Business School.
She also holds a Bachelor of Laws from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, a post-graduate diploma in Organisational Development from the University of Cape Coast, a post-graduate diploma in Communication Studies from University of Ghana and a diploma in Public Relations and Advertising from the Ghana Institute of Journalism.
She currently serves as the lead consultant at AYA & Company and a former adjunct lecturer in Leadership., Entrepreneurship, Strategic Supply Chain Management and Mass Communication at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UG Fellow involved in Ethiopian Air crash remembered
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John's, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge
- Privately trained nurses gear up to re-enact ‘kumiprɛko’ demo
- Today's Front Pages
- No prosecutions since 2006 - Police/military brutalities on journalists...
- UK Embassy introduces self-upload Visa, Immigration application portal
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases