Five of The Multimedia Group’s journalists have been nominated for the West Africa Media Excellence Awards.
Manasseh Azure Awuni, Justice Baidoo, Seth Kwame Boateng and Richard Kwadwo Nyarko all with Joy News and Joy Business’ Daryl Kwawu have been shortlisted for the awards among 15 others across the sub-region.
The event comes off on October 13, 2018, as part of the West African Media Excellence Conference and Awards organised by the Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA).
According to MFWA, the event will be graced by distinguished diplomat and the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General and Head of UN Office for West Africa and the Sahel, Dr Mohamed Ibn Chambas.
“This year the competition received over 600 entries from 12 countries across West Africa from both Francophone and Anglophone countries. The three-member panel of judges after a thorough review of the entries shortlisted 18 finalists for seven out of 14 categories,” it added.
The shortlisted finalists for WAMECA 2018 are:
Kingbewe Yao Hervé, Banuto (online), Benin
Justice Baidoo, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Anthony Acarus Stephen, Power FM/TV), Liberia
Anthony Akaeze, TELL/ICIR, Nigeria
Manasseh Azure Awuni, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Adam Alqali, African Newspage, Nigeria
Mame Diomma Dramé, Ouestafnews, Senegal
Odimegwu Onwumere, Nigeria Voice, Nigeria
Ridwan Karim Dini-Osman, GHOne TV, Ghana
Kemi Busari, PREMIUM TIMES, Nigeria
Sawadogo Afsétou, Sidwaya, Burkina Faso
Seth Kwame Boateng, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Bayo Olupohunda, NAIJ.com, Nigeria
Nabaloum Abdel Aziz, Sidwaya, Burkina Faso
Richard Kwadwo Nyarko, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Victor Ekwealor, Techpoint, Nigeria
Daryl Kwawu, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Oladeinde Olawoyin, PREMIUM TIMES, Nigeria
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister
- Education Ministry promises major facelift for technical universities
- STAR-Ghana Foundation launched to promote active citizenship
- One Stop Center an advantage for abused children - World Future Council
- Update: The Finder editor released
- Juaben Traditional Council hands over 2 flats to police
- 'We don’t care about 2019 budget' – Spare parts dealers
- The Royal Express luxury train is the best way to see Japan
- Reverse Pinocchio – Researchers find that your nose shrinks when you lie
- Today's front pages
- Assistant headmaster of KUHIS suspended over sodomy allegations