Five of The Multimedia Group’s journalists have been nominated for the West Africa Media Excellence Awards.
Manasseh Azure Awuni, Justice Baidoo, Seth Kwame Boateng and Richard Kwadwo Nyarko all with Joy News and Joy Business’ Daryl Kwawu have been shortlisted for the awards among 15 others across the sub-region.
The event comes off on October 13, 2018, as part of the West African Media Excellence Conference and Awards organised by the Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA).
According to MFWA, the event will be graced by distinguished diplomat and the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General and Head of UN Office for West Africa and the Sahel, Dr Mohamed Ibn Chambas.
“This year the competition received over 600 entries from 12 countries across West Africa from both Francophone and Anglophone countries. The three-member panel of judges after a thorough review of the entries shortlisted 18 finalists for seven out of 14 categories,” it added.
The shortlisted finalists for WAMECA 2018 are:
Kingbewe Yao Hervé, Banuto (online), Benin
Justice Baidoo, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Anthony Acarus Stephen, Power FM/TV), Liberia
Anthony Akaeze, TELL/ICIR, Nigeria
Manasseh Azure Awuni, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Adam Alqali, African Newspage, Nigeria
Mame Diomma Dramé, Ouestafnews, Senegal
Odimegwu Onwumere, Nigeria Voice, Nigeria
Ridwan Karim Dini-Osman, GHOne TV, Ghana
Kemi Busari, PREMIUM TIMES, Nigeria
Sawadogo Afsétou, Sidwaya, Burkina Faso
Seth Kwame Boateng, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Bayo Olupohunda, NAIJ.com, Nigeria
Nabaloum Abdel Aziz, Sidwaya, Burkina Faso
Richard Kwadwo Nyarko, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Victor Ekwealor, Techpoint, Nigeria
Daryl Kwawu, Multimedia Broadcasting Limited, Ghana
Oladeinde Olawoyin, PREMIUM TIMES, Nigeria
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service
- Gov't working towards non-custodial sentencing regime
- Woman assaulted at Midland Savings petitions AG over dismissal of her case
- Chinese Police use alleged criminal’s childhood photo for wanted poster
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer