The office of the Regional Director of Education in the Ashanti Region, has been gutted by fire.
The fire which started on Sunday evening, Joy News’ Erastus Asare Donkor reports, also destroyed nearby offices, including the office of the Director’s secretary.
Erastus says neither the Director, Mary Owusu Achiaw, nor other occupants of the building were present at the time of the fire.
Books, reports, files, computers, television sets and furniture were destroyed in the blaze, Manhyia Divisional Police Commander ACP Kwaku Boah, told Erastus.
A team of Fire Service Personnel and Police have been to the site and investigations have started into what caused the fire.
The Director who has been to the scene of the incident said the nation has lost a great amount of information as a result of the fire.
“This is a national asset we are looking at, personal files of senior staff of the Ghana Education Service in the Ashanti region have all been lost,” she told Erastus.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Gov't announces plans to avert perennial Bagre Dam spillage
- GES to introduce new curricula for next academic year
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo breaks silence over Menzgold saga
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo announces new curriculum for KG to P6
- SONA 2019: 62nd Independence Day celebrations to be held in Tamale
- SONA 2019: I'm mindful of next generation not next election – Akufo-Addo
- Aggrieved customers of Gold Coast Fund Management threaten demo
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding
- Where is hot in February? The 10 best holiday destinations
- Adopt latest Agric technology to combat climate change - Legacy Crop Centre CEO
- Reject party militia of all forms - Assemblies of God's rallying call
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image