There are reports of tension at Moshie Zongo in Kumasi following the death of a 55-year-old suspect in police custody.
Police sources said the deceased, Boazor Bawoleyen was remanded by a Mampong court for engaging in drug peddling when the incident occurred.
But the family of the deceased claim he was beaten and locked up after his arrest by a combined team of local watchdog team and police.
But police say the 55-year-old died while receiving treatment at the Tafo government hospital.
The family of the deceased however, insist the police narration is not a true reflection of what occurred.
The late Boazor according to Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor was arrested on Friday, September 21, 2018 at about 2:00 pm by police from the Divisional Command.
The death, he noted has generated tension in the area as his family call for a thorough investigation into his sudden demise.
The family, Erastus stated wants to also know among other things, what killed their relative and how he allegedly died.
Meanwhile, the Member of Parliament for Menhyia North, Collins Owusu Amankwah is calling for calm to enable the police investigate the matter.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II
- First Atlantic Bank donates Mother and Baby Unit to the Talensi District Hospital
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament
- 'For the dignity of mankind' - Ghanaian who saved life on KLM flight reveals motivation
- “Earthquakes don’t kill, poor buildings do” GSA pushes for L.I.
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- U.S. Embassy issues alert on Dagbon; warns citizens against travelling to town
- Gov’t must secure peace progress as Yendi gets set for Yaa Naas' funerals - Dr Aning
- Real-life Rapunzel hasn’t had a haircut in 28 years
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status