Kosmos Innovation Centre (KIC) has won the P3 Impact Awards organised the US. KIC was one of the five finalists shortlisted for the award.
The centre is a public-private partnership between Kosmos Energy, an oil and gas company and MEST, DAI Global.
For the past five years, P3 Impact Awards have recognised leading cross-sector collaborations that feature public, private, non-profit, or non-governmental organisations addressing societal challenges.
KIC for the past three years has organised entrepreneurship challenges for young people and trained them over a nine-month period to develop their own business ideas.
“At the end of the contest, the winner or winning team is taken through another 12 months of training in his entrepreneurial idea,” Director of KIC, George Sarpong told Mamavi Owusu Aboagye on the AM Show on the Joy News channel on Multi TV Monday.
He added that the centre is now focussing on agriculture ideas in order to boost the sector.
The deadline for entries for the upcoming contest is November 9, 2018, he noted.
The winner of the challenge gets a $50, 000 seed money for their start-up.
Watch the discussion for more:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- First Atlantic Bank donates Mother and Baby Unit to the Talensi District Hospital
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament
- 'For the dignity of mankind' - Ghanaian who saved life on KLM flight reveals motivation
- “Earthquakes don’t kill, poor buildings do” GSA pushes for L.I.
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- U.S. Embassy issues alert on Dagbon; warns citizens against travelling to town
- Gov’t must secure peace progress as Yendi gets set for Yaa Naas' funerals - Dr Aning
- Real-life Rapunzel hasn’t had a haircut in 28 years
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status
- REGSEC meets Abudu, Andani reps ahead of 2 funerals