Kosmos Innovation Centre (KIC) has won the P3 Impact Awards organised the US. KIC was one of the five finalists shortlisted for the award.
The centre is a public-private partnership between Kosmos Energy, an oil and gas company and MEST, DAI Global.
For the past five years, P3 Impact Awards have recognised leading cross-sector collaborations that feature public, private, non-profit, or non-governmental organisations addressing societal challenges.
KIC for the past three years has organised entrepreneurship challenges for young people and trained them over a nine-month period to develop their own business ideas.
“At the end of the contest, the winner or winning team is taken through another 12 months of training in his entrepreneurial idea,” Director of KIC, George Sarpong told Mamavi Owusu Aboagye on the AM Show on the Joy News channel on Multi TV Monday.
He added that the centre is now focussing on agriculture ideas in order to boost the sector.
The deadline for entries for the upcoming contest is November 9, 2018, he noted.
The winner of the challenge gets a $50, 000 seed money for their start-up.
Watch the discussion for more:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself