The Organisers of Foklex Media Awards have disclosed their readiness to educate media practitioners in Ghana on ways to increase their savings.
Speaking in an interview with DJ Murphy Lee on Kumasi-based Bohye FM the Board Chairman of Foklex Media Awards, Atta Dabone Snr, revealed that the organisers are ready to educate media practitioners on the need to safeguard their future by saving a lot of what they are earning today.
“Ghanaian journalists suffer a lot. Sometimes people harass them when they even go out for news. Poor treatments from their employers, poor working conditions among other things are the sufferings of many media folks in Ghana. We are putting measures in place to help them,” he said.
Meanwhile, Mr Dabone advised Media Practitioners to save portions of the little that they earn.
He indicated that Foklex Media Awards is not only thinking about awarding Media Practitioners but the future wellbeing of Media Personalities in the country also remains a top priority for the organisers.
The 8th edition of the Foklex Media Awards is expected to come off in March next year at National Theatre in Accra, Ghana.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- ‘God is in control’ of Akufo-Addo’s cleanest city promise – Minister
- Ghanaian firm offers to supply timber to rebuild Notre Dame
- MTN rescue Agogo Nhyiaeso pupils, teachers from collapsing school building
- Ghana less safe for journalists - Reporters Without Borders
- Stopping vigilantism requires full arsenal of conflict prevention - Ibn Chambas
- Islam, Christianity have more similarities than differences – Bawumia
- Remove barriers stopping introduction of GMOs – Graduate farmers tell gov't
- Akufo-Addo launches new cash crop programme
- Poor sanitation costs gov't $290m annually - Sanitation Minister
- Woman wakes after 27 years in coma
- ‘Kumasi market fires possible work of arsonists’ - Fire Service, KMA
- Sharubutu@100: Your speeches evoke wisdom - Rawlings celebrates Chief Imam
- CDD-Ghana adopts Senior Correctional Centers in Accra
- Chief Imam is an iconic leader - Mohammed Ibn Chambas
- Jailbreak: Convict, suspects escape from police cell