Veteran diplomat and statesman, Victor Gbeho has shared some of the fondest he shared with the late Kofi Annan.
The former ambassador of Ghana to the United Nations revealed that in his time of serving Ghana at that level, Kofi Annan was also a staff at the United Nations so the two of them worked closely together.
Speaking to Joy News’ Kojo Yankson, ahead of the burial of the former UN boss, Mr Gbeho recounted how he helped his friend in his bid to achieve that feat of becoming Secretary General.
“When he talked to the then President of Ghana, Flt Lt Jerry John Rawlings about becoming the Secretary-General and the President agreed, he was directed to come and see me about handling his campaign…” he stated.
Watch the discussion below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Angel-Zoe Foundation donates to James Camp Prison, Borstal Home
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years
- 5 reasons tourists won’t want to skip a trip to Ghana in 2019
- World's 'loneliest' frog gets a date
- EOCO freezes NAM1’s accounts
- A true African patriot is free - Rawlings lauds Gbagbo victory at ICC
- NAM1 extradition close to impossible - Lawyer
- GES clarifies academic calendar
- Police officer, 2 others busted for robbery
- A year of God’s promotion: GETHIM marks 16th anniversary
- Auction of Menzgold properties suspended
- I am going to deal with structural racism within the WUDC – President