Veteran diplomat and statesman, Victor Gbeho has shared some of the fondest he shared with the late Kofi Annan.
The former ambassador of Ghana to the United Nations revealed that in his time of serving Ghana at that level, Kofi Annan was also a staff at the United Nations so the two of them worked closely together.
Speaking to Joy News’ Kojo Yankson, ahead of the burial of the former UN boss, Mr Gbeho recounted how he helped his friend in his bid to achieve that feat of becoming Secretary General.
“When he talked to the then President of Ghana, Flt Lt Jerry John Rawlings about becoming the Secretary-General and the President agreed, he was directed to come and see me about handling his campaign…” he stated.
Watch the discussion below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Undercover cops posing as drug dealers arrest cops posing as drug buyers
- The world's most powerful passports revealed
- ‘God is in control’ of Akufo-Addo’s cleanest city promise – Minister
- Ghanaian firm offers to supply timber to rebuild Notre Dame
- MTN rescue Agogo Nhyiaeso pupils, teachers from collapsing school building
- Ghana less safe for journalists - Reporters Without Borders
- Stopping vigilantism requires full arsenal of conflict prevention - Ibn Chambas
- Islam, Christianity have more similarities than differences – Bawumia
- Remove barriers stopping introduction of GMOs – Graduate farmers tell gov't
- Akufo-Addo launches new cash crop programme
- Poor sanitation costs gov't $290m annually - Sanitation Minister
- Woman wakes after 27 years in coma
- ‘Kumasi market fires possible work of arsonists’ - Fire Service, KMA
- Sharubutu@100: Your speeches evoke wisdom - Rawlings celebrates Chief Imam
- CDD-Ghana adopts Senior Correctional Centers in Accra