Veteran diplomat and statesman, Victor Gbeho has shared some of the fondest he shared with the late Kofi Annan.
The former ambassador of Ghana to the United Nations revealed that in his time of serving Ghana at that level, Kofi Annan was also a staff at the United Nations so the two of them worked closely together.
Speaking to Joy News’ Kojo Yankson, ahead of the burial of the former UN boss, Mr Gbeho recounted how he helped his friend in his bid to achieve that feat of becoming Secretary General.
“When he talked to the then President of Ghana, Flt Lt Jerry John Rawlings about becoming the Secretary-General and the President agreed, he was directed to come and see me about handling his campaign…” he stated.
Watch the discussion below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages
- Coach acquitted and discharged over “fingering” a minor
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers
- Give Me Hope Foundation partners Alfie Design to train women in deprived c'nities
- Japanese passport now world's most powerful