Nicholas Tettey Wayo has unveiled a series of paintings as a sign of his appreciation of the works of investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
The Nima-based fine artist is wowed by the sheer determination of Anas Aremeyaw Anas to expose corrupt deals in the country as well as on the continent.
Apart from painting the public signature image of the journalist in different colours, Nicholas also displays a masterpiece of his artistic work in his community and captioned it ‘Thank you Anas’, ‘Anas is watching’, 'Do the right thing' and ‘I am Anas’.
He has also produced different T-shirts with these inscriptions printed on them.
Anas Aremeyaw Anas
Anas is politically non-aligned multimedia journalist, who specialises in print media and documentary. He focuses on issues of human rights and anti-corruption in Ghana and sub-Saharan Africa.
Anas's motto is "name, shame and jail", and he is famous for utilising his anonymity as a tool in his investigative arsenal.
The celebrated undercover journalist Anas has won several awards for his journalism and advocacy against slavery.
His investigative works, particularly the latest, Number 12: When Greed and Corruption Become the Norm, which exposed corruption in the game of football in Africa, have won him worldwide attention.
See below the paintings appreciating his works:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Angel-Zoe Foundation donates to James Camp Prison, Borstal Home
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years
- 5 reasons tourists won’t want to skip a trip to Ghana in 2019
- World's 'loneliest' frog gets a date
- EOCO freezes NAM1’s accounts
- A true African patriot is free - Rawlings lauds Gbagbo victory at ICC
- NAM1 extradition close to impossible - Lawyer
- GES clarifies academic calendar
- Police officer, 2 others busted for robbery
- A year of God’s promotion: GETHIM marks 16th anniversary
- Auction of Menzgold properties suspended
- I am going to deal with structural racism within the WUDC – President