The Ministry of Roads and Highways in conjunction with the Ghana Highway Authority has issued a statement informing motorists that the Black Volta River Bridge at Bamboi will shut down beginning Thursday, September 20.
The highly-occupied bridge located on the Wenchi – Bamboi section of the N12 highway in Ghana’s northern region will undergo repairs for defects found on the infrastructure. The work is expected to last for seven days.
Alternative routes have been provided. Those detours include Techiman to Wenchi, Wenchi to Tingakrom, Tingakrom to Banda Ahenkro, Banda Ahenkro to Bui, then Bui to Banda Nkwanta/Teselima.
Also, the motorist could use Techiman to Kintampo, Kintampo to Fufulso, Fufulso Junction to Sawla, then Sawla to Wa.
“Motorists are advised to adhere to directional and safety signs that will be placed at appropriate sections of the road,” the statement reads.
“The general public is therefore entreated to bear with us as we carry out this necessary repair works.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Local Gov’t Minister lauds Zoomlion
- Central Region welcomes top-of-range ‘Ridge Royal Hotel’
- Guy tattoos ID card on his forearm
- Video: Don’t misinterpret Quran to beat your wives - Islamic scholar advises
- 'You will be prosecuted': Accra mayor talks tough on sanitation crimes
- Armed Forces get 140 vehicles, 48 more coming
- Revealed: ¢200m locked up in Menzgold
- New Makola Market on fire
- NAGRAT was consulted on new education curricula – Education Ministry fights back
- Law to disband militias still needed despite Akufo-Addo’s plea – CDD
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, February 22, 2019
- Ghanaian language proficiency may soon become requirement for tertiary education
- Woman wants leather handbag made out of the skin on her amputated leg
- World Bank supports Ghana tourism with $40m grant
- Menzgold saga: Aggrieved customers disappointed in Akufo-Addo