The Ministry of Roads and Highways in conjunction with the Ghana Highway Authority has issued a statement informing motorists that the Black Volta River Bridge at Bamboi will shut down beginning Thursday, September 20.
The highly-occupied bridge located on the Wenchi – Bamboi section of the N12 highway in Ghana’s northern region will undergo repairs for defects found on the infrastructure. The work is expected to last for seven days.
Alternative routes have been provided. Those detours include Techiman to Wenchi, Wenchi to Tingakrom, Tingakrom to Banda Ahenkro, Banda Ahenkro to Bui, then Bui to Banda Nkwanta/Teselima.
Also, the motorist could use Techiman to Kintampo, Kintampo to Fufulso, Fufulso Junction to Sawla, then Sawla to Wa.
“Motorists are advised to adhere to directional and safety signs that will be placed at appropriate sections of the road,” the statement reads.
“The general public is therefore entreated to bear with us as we carry out this necessary repair works.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Rumors I'm planning an attack untrue – Regent of Dagbon
- Bullet lodged in police officer's eye in armed robbery attack
- Manso-Nkwanta: 7 killed by police not armed robbers - Gov't
- The shipwreck that created a culture
- 'Human Spider' banned from climbing any UK building
- Today's front pages
- You can now travel across Morocco on Africa’s First High-speed train
- 3 arrested over Asiwa police chief attack
- Pantang Hospital JHS pupil wins Aspire to Bee spelling competition
- 'Dead' man turns up two months after burial
- Asiwa police chief shot, in critical condition
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?