The Ministry of Roads and Highways in conjunction with the Ghana Highway Authority has issued a statement informing motorists that the Black Volta River Bridge at Bamboi will shut down beginning Thursday, September 20.
The highly-occupied bridge located on the Wenchi – Bamboi section of the N12 highway in Ghana’s northern region will undergo repairs for defects found on the infrastructure. The work is expected to last for seven days.
Alternative routes have been provided. Those detours include Techiman to Wenchi, Wenchi to Tingakrom, Tingakrom to Banda Ahenkro, Banda Ahenkro to Bui, then Bui to Banda Nkwanta/Teselima.
Also, the motorist could use Techiman to Kintampo, Kintampo to Fufulso, Fufulso Junction to Sawla, then Sawla to Wa.
“Motorists are advised to adhere to directional and safety signs that will be placed at appropriate sections of the road,” the statement reads.
“The general public is therefore entreated to bear with us as we carry out this necessary repair works.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Controversy-plagued UEW halts 2019 graduation
- Wa regional hospital boss sacked
- Name those you accuse – Dr. Akwetey tells 'undermined' Special Prosecutor
- Tiger fleeing floodwaters breaks into home, relaxes in bed
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists