Coca-Cola Ghana has announced its sponsorship of the second edition of the Accra Social Media Week (SMW Accra 2018).
The beverage giants is thrilled to once again support the platform that will this year culminate in a Blogging & Social Media Awards Ceremony aimed at celebrating social media Influencers in Ghana.
The networking event which will take place from the 10th – 14th September 2018 is a global platform that connects people, content and conversations around emerging trends in social and mobile media.
During the five-day event, Brands such as Coca-Cola, SMEs, NGOs and Governments will share learnings on how social media and technology are continuously transforming businesses, society, and cultures around the world.
Masterclasses, training sessions, workshops designed to inspire and build the capacity of individuals and businesses to optimize their use of social media while networking within the industry will also be held at the same venue.
Coca-Cola will feature strongly at this year’s event as it seeks to connect with people around Ghana through social media - a platform that has enhanced opportunities for social impact and economic empowerment. The company will lead a panel discussion as part of the week’s line-up of activities, providing opportunities for participants to engage with it on topics relating to scaling connections through social media learnings from its strong social presence.
Linda Okondo, Business Unit Communications Lead for Coca-Cola West Africa expressed the company’s excitement at being a part of the conference stating, “The theme for this year’s event, “Closer”, explores the dynamics of social media and how brands like Coca-Cola can use the connections to create and expand business opportunities as well as champion causes for social good in the communities we operate in.”
Ms. Okondo further stated that the Company is looking forward to participating in the Awards Ceremony designed to celebrate individuals and organizations that have effectively used the various networks to positively impact lives.
Coca-Cola will also showcase its latest online order placement platform ‘MySmartCoke’ as well as provide stands at vantage points of the Accra Mall where participants will be refreshed with the Company’s array of beverages.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 3 arrested for murdering 14-yr-old for ritual purposes
- Estate manager denies killer of GPHA manager came through gate
- Bosomtwe collapsed bridge hampering economic activities
- Infographic: How Menzgold crumbled to pieces
- Michel Camp explosions: Military will not relocate
- Gov’t advocates for more Forestry Commission resources
- Over 70 AK47 assault rifles illegally stashed at Alavanyo - Police
- PHOTOS: Michel Camp armoury explosions send ammunition into homes
- 2 nabbed in Kumasi for dealing in fake vehicle number plates
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Angel-Zoe Foundation donates to James Camp Prison, Borstal Home
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years