A 40-year-old man, Yaw Mensah, has allegedly murdered his wife, Adwoa Frimpongmaa after he suspected her of having extramarital affair.
A co-tenant alerted the landlord after noticing blood stains at the doorway of the deceased early Thursday at their residence at Ablekuma in Accra.
The landlord, Barnabas Abban, then broke into the room and found Frimpongmaa in a pool of blood.
He told Joy News he quickly arranged for a taxi to send the lady to the hospital while he went to lodge a complaint with the police. He was later informed of the death of Frimpongmaa.
“So the CID [officer] went to the house and found the husband hiding in the bathroom,” before he was arrested, Abban told Joy News.
According to the landlord, the couple had recently been involved in persistent quarrels following suspicion of infidelity on the part of the deceased.
Joy News' Efua Evans Chinery who visited the house where the crime took place reported that co-tenants who broke into the room found a machete which Mensah allegedly used to commit the crime.
The deceased body has since been deposited at the morgue while Mensah is currently in police custody pending investigations into the case.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Remove barriers stopping introduction of GMOs – Graduate farmers tell gov't
- Akufo-Addo launches new cash crop programme
- Poor sanitation costs gov't $290m annually - Sanitation Minister
- Woman wakes after 27 years in coma
- ‘Kumasi market fires possible work of arsonists’ - Fire Service, KMA
- Sharubutu@100: Your speeches evoke wisdom - Rawlings celebrates Chief Imam
- CDD-Ghana adopts Senior Correctional Centers in Accra
- Chief Imam is an iconic leader - Mohammed Ibn Chambas
- Jailbreak: Convict, suspects escape from police cell
- As chief Imam turns 100, a clear message for all
- Guinness Ghana, partners urge drivers to drive safe
- Akim Oda: CAC gets 300 banquet chairs from businessman
- Family of military couple that died in flood wants gov’t support for 12-year-old son
- Surviving disaster: Victim of Achimota building collapse becomes top producer
- Road crew gets failing grade after misspelling ‘school’ on school crossing