A 40-year-old man, Yaw Mensah, has allegedly murdered his wife, Adwoa Frimpongmaa after he suspected her of having extramarital affair.
A co-tenant alerted the landlord after noticing blood stains at the doorway of the deceased early Thursday at their residence at Ablekuma in Accra.
The landlord, Barnabas Abban, then broke into the room and found Frimpongmaa in a pool of blood.
He told Joy News he quickly arranged for a taxi to send the lady to the hospital while he went to lodge a complaint with the police. He was later informed of the death of Frimpongmaa.
“So the CID [officer] went to the house and found the husband hiding in the bathroom,” before he was arrested, Abban told Joy News.
According to the landlord, the couple had recently been involved in persistent quarrels following suspicion of infidelity on the part of the deceased.
Joy News' Efua Evans Chinery who visited the house where the crime took place reported that co-tenants who broke into the room found a machete which Mensah allegedly used to commit the crime.
The deceased body has since been deposited at the morgue while Mensah is currently in police custody pending investigations into the case.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach