A 40-year-old man, Yaw Mensah, has allegedly murdered his wife, Adwoa Frimpongmaa after he suspected her of having extramarital affair.
A co-tenant alerted the landlord after noticing blood stains at the doorway of the deceased early Thursday at their residence at Ablekuma in Accra.
The landlord, Barnabas Abban, then broke into the room and found Frimpongmaa in a pool of blood.
He told Joy News he quickly arranged for a taxi to send the lady to the hospital while he went to lodge a complaint with the police. He was later informed of the death of Frimpongmaa.
“So the CID [officer] went to the house and found the husband hiding in the bathroom,” before he was arrested, Abban told Joy News.
According to the landlord, the couple had recently been involved in persistent quarrels following suspicion of infidelity on the part of the deceased.
Joy News' Efua Evans Chinery who visited the house where the crime took place reported that co-tenants who broke into the room found a machete which Mensah allegedly used to commit the crime.
The deceased body has since been deposited at the morgue while Mensah is currently in police custody pending investigations into the case.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Public universities deliberately crippling private ones - Prof. Adow Obeng
- Unilever launches livelihood empowerment project for women in Upper West
- Demo in Nsuta after truck driver kills teenager
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister
- Education Ministry promises major facelift for technical universities
- STAR-Ghana Foundation launched to promote active citizenship
- One Stop Center an advantage for abused children - World Future Council
- Update: The Finder editor released