Some angry youth at Ekumfi Ayisam in the Central Region nearly lynched the Deputy Minister Fisheries and Aquaculture Saturday.
Francis Ato Codjoe who is Member of Parliament for the area had gone to the town to attend some festivities on the invitation of the Chiefs.
According to the youth, the then candidate Francis Ato Codjoe promised to provide jobs and also make sure that Ekumfi Ayisam will get its own Senior High School if he was voted into office.
But speaking to Adom News’ Kofi Adjei some of the irate youth said the MP hasn’t fulfilled any of these promises.
“We are supporters of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) but because of the promises he made to us we voted for him. And after more than a year and half of being in office, we have seen nothing,” one of the youth said.
Speaking on behalf of his colleagues, the young man said they would vote massively against Mr Cudjoe come 2020.
However, addressing the gathering during the Ekumfi Ayisam festivities, Mr Codjoe urged the youth in the area to be patient. He added that the New Patriotic Party (NPP) is on course to fulfilling all its campaign promises.
“When we came to power, we introduced one district one factory -- which Ekumfi has benefited from -- Free SHS, re-introduced trainee allowances and many other projects so I urge you to be patient,” the legislator said.
The chief of the area has apologised to the MP over the incident; describing it as unfortunate. He noted that the traditional authorities invited the MP over so the youth had no business attacking him.
The timely intervention of the police saved the MP from the attackk.
Watch the video:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Building cathedral but removing RME from syllabus is hypocrisy – Educationist
- Pennsylvania police seek volunteers to get drunk for training exercise
- Wave of killings 'threaten right to life, liberty of Ghanaians' -- Amnesty Int'l
- The world's secret club of explorers
- Limiting killing to Kennedy Agyapong is letting killers loose - Security Analyst
- Undercover investigator killing: Homicide Unit takes over probe
- Killing of undercover investigator: President expects justice ‘as soon as possible’
- Kennedy Agyapong calls for Anas arrest over Ahmed murder
- Yendi gets $30m water supply project after peaceful chieftancy process
- Family of killed undercover investigator demand justice
- We are devastated by Hussein-Suale dastardly killing - Tiger Eye PI
- Your security is in your hands - Former CID Director cautions
- Social media reaction to killing of undercover investigator
- Anas’ partner killing: Kennedy Agyapong has questions to answer – Lawyer
- Nomadic herdsmen invade Sekyere Central; officials to use diplomatic approach