It’s been a deadly weekend in the Northern Region. Two separate motor accidents have claimed the lives of 18 people.
Sixteen people died in the early hours of Sunday, April 15, 2018 in a tragic accident at Yapei-Yipala on the Tamale-Kumasi Road.
According to the police, a bus carrying 70 passengers, in an attempt to overtake a cargo truck, crashed into another bus.
A police spokesperson said a Yutong bus and a Kia bus collided at Yipala, 10 kilometres from Yapei.
He said the collision happened off the road. The police suspect the two buses, which were moving in the opposite direction swerved to the same direction and crashed into each other.
Both drivers died in the accident, he said.
At Savelugu, also in the Northern Region, another accident killed two.
Northern Region Police PRO, ASP Yusif Tanko told Joy News a tricycle carrying firewood lost control when the firewood poured onto the road.
An oncoming truck, he said, crushed the two riders of the tricycle killing them instantly.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Indian man hasn’t cut or washed his hair in 40 years
- Flight attendants share their biggest passenger pet peeves
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer