It’s been a deadly weekend in the Northern Region. Two separate motor accidents have claimed the lives of 18 people.
Sixteen people died in the early hours of Sunday, April 15, 2018 in a tragic accident at Yapei-Yipala on the Tamale-Kumasi Road.
According to the police, a bus carrying 70 passengers, in an attempt to overtake a cargo truck, crashed into another bus.
A police spokesperson said a Yutong bus and a Kia bus collided at Yipala, 10 kilometres from Yapei.
He said the collision happened off the road. The police suspect the two buses, which were moving in the opposite direction swerved to the same direction and crashed into each other.
Both drivers died in the accident, he said.
At Savelugu, also in the Northern Region, another accident killed two.
Northern Region Police PRO, ASP Yusif Tanko told Joy News a tricycle carrying firewood lost control when the firewood poured onto the road.
An oncoming truck, he said, crushed the two riders of the tricycle killing them instantly.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Disclaimer: Unauthorized representatives of Multimedia Group Limited
- Ketu North District presents startup kits for disabled
- Jonmoore International Limited partners with UK dental specialists
- Time With Dentsu Aegis Network thought leaders
- Asanko Mining promotes literacy through reading, comprehension competition
- ‘Accra to be cleanest in Africa’: CONIWAS criticises Minister for extending timeline
- From the newsstands today: Thursday, April 25, 2019
- ‘Teachers need retraining to promote quality education’
- At this German housing complex rent hasn’t gone up in 500 years
- Top 5 experiences to try while In Africa
- Photos: UN peacekeepers mourn late Ghanaian Head, Maj. Gen. Vib-Sanziri
- Akufo-Addo, Graca Marchel to grace summit on global peace
- Missing Takoradi girls not found – Police deny media reports
- Your victory in life began on the cross of Christ's death – Aps. Mike Etrue
- Massive decongestion exercise looms in Madina