Opportunity International Savings and Loans in partnership with Opportunity International Global Education Office have awarded scholarships totalling GHS 294,154 to 329 pupils and students across 112 schools in Ghana.
The scholarship covers three terms’ school fees for 2018/19 academic year and was disbursed through the beneficiary’s school account with Opportunity.
The beneficiaries were made up of 177 females and 152 males from schools accessing School Improvement Loans from the Institution.
The School Improvement Loans help private schools, especially at the basic level, to access funding to expand their infrastructure, acquire other capital items to help expand their schools to enhance high levels of intake.
This gesture also forms part of Opportunity’s social responsibility to give back to the society in fulfilment of its mission.
Opportunity International also offers School Fees Loans to help parents pay their wards education.
Opportunity is currently serving 133 private schools with an outstanding loan portfolio of GHS 7,171,537.
Over the past nine years, Opportunity has disbursed a total of GHS 33,995,102 loans to 1,287 private schools across the country.
Opportunity International Global Education Office has the oversight responsibility of providing quality education by way of improving teaching skills in schools served by Opportunity.
It also has the Scholarship Program that helps brilliant but needy children in schools.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Regulating churches will create confusion - Bishop Agyinasare
- Gov't releases new Tertiary Education Policy reforms
- 2019 NSMQ: Contest begins today as 108 schools battle for coveted trophy
- From the newsstands: Monday, June 17 2019
- Man sees 'Avengers: Endgame' 114 times, aims for 200
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife multiple times over money to pay sex worker
- The holiday destination no one has heard of
- Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visits Ghana
- 7 die in gory accident as vehicle plunges into valley
- Bright Minds Foundation to provide housing, financial support to defiled 13-yr-old
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities