Chief Executive of the Food and Drugs Authority, Delese Mimi Darko, has presented Kasapreko Company Limited the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification.
The certificate was presented to the leading beverage company at its head office, located on the Spintex Road in Accra.
The HACCP certificate was presented after the local beverage giant successfully met key criteria.
HACCP is a system used to identify food safety risks and eliminate or reduce their occurrence or impact to a minimum by instigating critical control measures.
Application of HACCP principles cuts through procurement of raw materials to storage, through production to warehousing and distribution of the food product.
Kasapreko Company Limited is also the only company in the Ghanaian beverage industry with the International Standard Organization (ISO) certification, awarded by the world’s foremost inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company, SGS Ghana.
The company has always been committed to producing safe food for its consumers and currently boasts of over 26 beverage brands.
During the presentation, Mrs Delese Mimi Darko appealed to Kasapreko Company Limited to expand its factory in order to join the government’s One District One Factory initiative.
Finance Director of the Kasapreko Company Limited, Mr Emmanuel Teiko, said the company has come far in the production of food because it has always ensured that only safe products are produced.
"For us in Kasapreko, we know that implementing the HACCP brings a lot of benefits and one of the benefits that I will mention is that it protects the consumers from food poison and foodborne illnesses," Mr Teiko said.
Complete Benefits of HACCP to Kasapreko Company Limited.
• Improves marketability of a company and brand image;
• Protection of consumers from food poisoning and food-related illnesses. In other words, it provides the assurance that Kasapreko Company Limited products will not cause harm or illness to consumers;
• Improved consumer confidence in the organisation’s product;
• Affords legal protection for companies when the need arises. This means the HACCP document can be used as a legal tool for defence of the organization’s products in the case of a customer complaint;
Kasapreko Company Limited has said it will soon set up a plant in Kumasi next year.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Parents name son ‘Google’ hoping it will give him a leg up in life
- Data Protection Commission to probe EC over sale of voters’ information to private firm
- India’s curious death hotels
- Hotline Documentary: When the last tree dies...
- NSMQ2019: Adisco begin 'journey to the fifth' with superb win
- I never took clothing allowance – Former GEPA Deputy CEO responds
- NaCCA warns of imposters in new curriculum training programme
- Students consuming cannabis-infused 'shito' - NACOB reveals
- Ejisu-Jamasi: Irate youth torch house, besiege police station over 'killings'
- Driver in accident involving 4 MDCEs dies in hospital
- Whistleblowers Act will work if informants trust they're safe - Law lecturer
- NSMQ does not favour girls - Teacher
- I refused my son job with Audit Service to protect him – Auditor General
- UEW crisis: Court upholds dismissal of Dr. Bekoe
- GIS steps up efforts to combat human trafficking