President Nana Akufo-Addo is expected to launch a National Youth Authority(NYA) training program set to provide 3,000 digital jobs for the youth.
The program is 12-weeks online digital marketing and entrepreneurship training spread across all 10 regions.
Each region has an average of 300 slots for youths aged between 18 and 35 years with a basic appreciation of internet and social media.
ECOBANK is expected to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the National Youth Authority to hire the trainees after they complete their program of study.
The President will be keen to show this program as evidence of creating sustainable jobs which his government has pledged to do.
Ahead of an important State of The Nation Address, the President will attend the launch at the Accra Digital Center where successful applicants will undergo the training.
Akufo-Addo is expected to grace the occasion before moving to deliver the national address.
The President will be accompanied by the Youth and Sports Minister, Isaac Asiamah, who has been instrumental in creating collaborations between the NYA, the Accra Digital Center and the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Center for ICT Excellence.
NYA CEO Emmanuel Asigri expressed delight about the president's participation which he said demonstrates government's commitment to prioritise youth development.
"For the president to fix this program in his busy schedule ahead of the State of the Nation Address shows his emphasis on youth and job creation programs," he said.
CEO of the Accra Digital Center Eric Ofosu Nkansah highlighted the importance of the training by pointing out that 'data is the new gold'.
He said great opportunities exist in data mining and encouraged the youth with a flair for technology and social media to explore such opportunities.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Accra gets mechanical street sweepers for heavy traffic roads
- GIJ poised to lead media research in Ghana
- Vegan bride-to-be bans meat eaters from her wedding
- Where is hot in February? The 10 best holiday destinations
- Adopt latest Agric technology to combat climate change - Legacy Crop Centre CEO
- Reject party militia of all forms - Assemblies of God's rallying call
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image
- 8 more persons declared wanted over fatal NDC office shooting
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister
- Photos/Video: Victim of NDC office shooting buried amid tension at Tafo
- I’m a pharmacist not a fire arms dealer – Delali Brempong