Morocco’s Mohammed V International Airport (CMN) in Casablanca has been adjudged the best airport in Africa for 2017 according to the Airport Service Quality awards carried out by the Airport Council International, ACI.
CMN was followed by Mauritius’ Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport and South Africa’s Durban Airport in second and third place respectively.
The CMN is the hub for three top Moroccan airlines: Air Arabia Maroc, Royal Air Maroc and Royal Air Maroc Express. It was among sixteen airports making a first-time appearance in the awards.
“This year an unprecedented sixteen airports are first-time winners, challenging best-in-class airports in the delivery of top-quality customer service.
“This phenomenon reflects the increasingly competitive airport industry operating environment, where continuous service improvement is a key ingredient in business performance. Airports make the customer experience a high priority,” ACI said in a March 6, 2018, statement.
CMN won the best African airport catering for over 2 million passengers per year whiles Nairobi Airport in Kenya was also adjudged the most improved facility in the Africa region.
The Airport Service Quality, ASQ, awards is a benchmark of prestige in the aviation industry undertaken by the Airports Council International, ACI.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Campus Christian Family launches 2019 Alumni Homecoming celebration
- Law enforcement alone won't stop frequent accidents - Police
- World Bank praises Free SHS, pledges support
- Ewutu Senya West MP donates school block, start-up cash to constituents
- ‘It won’t stop accidents' – Expert downplays NRSC push to be an Authority
- Takoradi: Missing one-year-old boy found
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- General Legal Council blamed for Law School brouhaha
- Man spikes co-workers’ drinks with LSD because they had “negative energy”
- The secret to Danish happiness?
- University of Utah, USA to start MPH degree program in Ghana at Ensign College
- Intelligence reveals transmission line hacking sabotage – Energy Minister
- Transport Minister condemns indiscipline on roads, visits accident victims
- NSMQ: VASEC, Zion College win in Volta qualifiers
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded