The president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has directed the arrest of the President of the Ghana Football Association over fraud.
Kwesi Nyantakyi is believed to be engaged in some influence peddling using the name of the president.
The directive follows an investigative piece by ace investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
Deep throat sources at the presidency told Joy News the president and his team had watched excerpts of the video in which Mr Nyantakyi was seen negotiating for an amount of money using the name of the president.
A directive was subsequently issued to the CID to have Mr Kwasi Nyatakyi arrested.
The embattled football head is likely to answer charges of defrauding by false pretense.
The content of the video is likely to confirm a strongly held opinion about corruption in football administration in the country, perception spokespersons in the Football Association have been quick to deny.
Mr Nyantakyi only days ago signed a $10million sponsorship deal for the premier league which has run for some three years without a sponsor.
It is not clear what the new sponsors- Zylofon Cash- will do or say with the new twist of event.
A Deputy Chief of Staff Abu Jinapor who confirmed Joy News’ exclusive said the president takes serious view of the damning revelations contained in the Anas video.
Having been seized with the facts as contained in the video, Abu Jinapor said the president conferred with his lawyers and others who believed a prima facie case has been triggered for investigation.
According to him, Nyantakyi attempted to use the name of the president and vice president to induce potential investors to part with various sums of money
“The president takes a serious view of this and believes it is a case of criminal conduct,” Jinapor said.
The Deputy Chief of Staff said investigations have since begun.
'Scatter' at FA
Checks at the FA headquarters indicate the offices have been reduced to a 'ghost town.'
Joy News' Ernest Manu reported seeing a number of cars drive out shortly after Joy News broke the news of the arrest warrant for the president of the FA.
Reports say Mr Nyantakyi is currently in Morroco and will turn himself in to the police CID when he arrives tomorrow.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded over tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages
- Coach acquitted and discharged over “fingering” a minor
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers
- Give Me Hope Foundation partners Alfie Design to train women in deprived c'nities
- Japanese passport now world's most powerful