Two men have died after they were knocked down by a driver of the campaign team for 2020 NDC flagbearer aspirant Alban Bagbin.
The police say, the accident occurred Sunday morning while the driver of the Nissan Pickup, Charles Owusu, was heading to Accra from Cape Coast in the Central region.
The deceased were riding a motorbike when they were jettisoned off the road between Apam junction and Winneba roundabout on the Accra-Cape Coast highway.
Photo: The two men were riding an unregistered motorbike
The police came in to convey the bodies to the morgue at the Trauma and Specialist hospital at Winneba in the Central region.
Charles Owusu was handed over to the police at the Winneba police station while the Nissan Hard body Pickup with registration number: GT 8265 – 16 is also being checked by the police.
Fire officers from Winneba were called in to wash off a pool of blood from the highway.
More News Headlines
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid
- 7 busted over bus load of Niger-bound Indian hemp
- Communication gap caused widespread teacher anger over allowance – GES
- Photos: Lukula burns in tit-for-tat attacks in Savanna region
- Paris waiter 'shot dead over slow sandwich service'
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses