Two men have died after they were knocked down by a driver of the campaign team for 2020 NDC flagbearer aspirant Alban Bagbin.
The police say, the accident occurred Sunday morning while the driver of the Nissan Pickup, Charles Owusu, was heading to Accra from Cape Coast in the Central region.
The deceased were riding a motorbike when they were jettisoned off the road between Apam junction and Winneba roundabout on the Accra-Cape Coast highway.
Photo: The two men were riding an unregistered motorbike
The police came in to convey the bodies to the morgue at the Trauma and Specialist hospital at Winneba in the Central region.
Charles Owusu was handed over to the police at the Winneba police station while the Nissan Hard body Pickup with registration number: GT 8265 – 16 is also being checked by the police.
Fire officers from Winneba were called in to wash off a pool of blood from the highway.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism
- Kidnappers of Canadian women demanded $800k ransom
- Gun-toting primary 3 student released on bail for threatening headmaster
- Gov't to increase research funding for tertiary teachers
- Unemployed jailed 15 years for robbing MoMo merchant
- MPs aid strangers to breach security - Deputy Speaker
- Myjoyonline week in pictures: And the 2 Canadians were rescued!