The technical evaluation team for the Ghana Logistics and Transport Awards (GLOTA) has selected 11 institutions and individuals for the event scheduled for December 2018.
In a press statement, the organizers said, “the selection of the prospective awardees was based on their outstanding performance in relevant operations within the logistics and transport sector in the year 2017.”
According to the organizers, the event, previously slated for July 26, had to be postponed to enable the technical evaluation committee to conduct thorough scrutiny of entry applications.
The GLOTA 2018 under the theme “Driving the Growth of Ghana’s Logistics and Transport Sector through Effective Recognition System” is the first ever awards for companies in the transport sector.
The organizers indicated in the press statement that the event has been scheduled to take place on December 6 after the evaluation committee completes the selection processes for institutions and individuals in 15 categories.
Some of the categories include Best Freight Forwarding Companies of the Year, Beast Courier Service Company of the Year, Best Commercial Transport Company of the Year and Best Haulage Company of the Year.
The 2018 Logistics and Transport Awards is being organized by Adams 360 Advertising Company in partnership with Eves Media Ghana Limited and Target Roll Communications.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng