A farmer who sneaked into a pit latrine, where his wife’s niece was attending to nature’s call and defiled her, has been jailed seven years by a Circuit Court at Aflao.
Kwaku Sevordzi Boateng, 45, has pleaded not guilty, but the Court, presided over by Mr. Ali Baba Abature, thought otherwise.
The prosecution told the Court that the victim, aged 14, lived with her parents in a house in which the accused person also resided with his wife, at Tadzewu in the Ketu North District district of the Volta Region.
At about 2100 hours on October 2016, the victim went to attend to nature’s call at the pit latrine located behind their house.
The prosecution said the accused, who saw the victim going to the toilet, hatched a plot and followed up, tiptoed to the toilet, grabbed and pinned the victim to wall housing the toilet.
The prosecution said the accused then slid victim’s panties to one side and forcibly had sexual intercourse with her and warned her to keep it secret, but the victim finally revealed the ordeal to her aunt.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kumasi floods: One confirmed dead
- Make Tarkwa, Nkroful the Johannesburgs of Africa - Minister tells mining companies
- Chereponi: Renewed clashes claim one life as health workers flee
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019