A farmer who sneaked into a pit latrine, where his wife’s niece was attending to nature’s call and defiled her, has been jailed seven years by a Circuit Court at Aflao.
Kwaku Sevordzi Boateng, 45, has pleaded not guilty, but the Court, presided over by Mr. Ali Baba Abature, thought otherwise.
The prosecution told the Court that the victim, aged 14, lived with her parents in a house in which the accused person also resided with his wife, at Tadzewu in the Ketu North District district of the Volta Region.
At about 2100 hours on October 2016, the victim went to attend to nature’s call at the pit latrine located behind their house.
The prosecution said the accused, who saw the victim going to the toilet, hatched a plot and followed up, tiptoed to the toilet, grabbed and pinned the victim to wall housing the toilet.
The prosecution said the accused then slid victim’s panties to one side and forcibly had sexual intercourse with her and warned her to keep it secret, but the victim finally revealed the ordeal to her aunt.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse