The Member of Parliament (MP) for Bibiani-Anhwiaso-Bekwai in the Western Region, Kingsley Aboagye Gyedu has organized a health screening exercise for the people of Bibiani Municipality.
The exercise was in collaboration with the National Diabetes Association of Ghana.
Residents from communities including; Chirano, Sefwi Bekwai and Sefwi Anhwiaso benefitted from the four-day exercise.
The exercise which was the first of its kind, saw residents trooping to the screening centers with a recorded attendance of over four thousand participants.
The beneficiaries were screened of various ailments including diabetes, malaria, blood pressure and eye tests.
Some of the beneficiaries were given free drugs at the centers while others with severe conditions were also referred to other health facilities within the Municipality.
Speaking to journalists, Mr Aboagye Gyedu said the exercise was based on a recent research conducted by the Ministry of Health which revealed rising cases of diabetes, malaria and blood pressure in the constituency.
The Bibiani legislator who doubles as the Deputy Minister of Health entreated his constituents to ensure regular check-up and exercise for good health.
The beneficiaries, who could not hide their joy over the exercise, thanked the MP for his kind gesture.
They appealed for more of such programmes to help them improve on their health.
More News Headlines
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 'PDS' imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues
- Ghana Grand conquers most difficult terrain
- Personality Profile: Prophet Kofi Oduro takes his turn
- Group calls for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
- We don’t oppose good education policies- Oppong Nkrumah
- Those who lost bank jobs have found new work- Deputy Employment Minister
- UNDP to use TICAD7 to advance sustainable development in Africa
- Former GJA president lauds Herbert Mensah, others for supporting journalism dev’t
- Hotel room rates in Accra ranked 2nd in Africa after Addis Ababa