Ghana will from April 16 to 18 host the biggest exhibition of stationery merchandise on the African continent dubbed ‘the School and Office Expo’ (Scofex 2019) in Accra.
The choice of Ghana as the host of the event is significant as the event brings under one umbrella some of the biggest names in the world of stationery and thus presents a huge boost to the country’s drive to attract quality products into its market.
One key objective of the expo, according to organizers, is to avail to Ghanaians, especially stakeholders in the educational sector, top quality stationery products and this syncs perfectly into the renewed commitment and emphasis on quality in the educational sector by the Ghanaian government.
With global exhibitors from over 15 countries supported by about 50 hosted buyers, the School and Office Expo 2019 is expected to attract more than 1000 visitors from across the West African sub-region all interested in the vast selection of stationery products, ranging from all kinds of paper products, different writing tools and anything else one can think of in the area of stationery and office supplies.
Josiah Spio-Garbrah, the Managing Director of Sekocom, the local partner of Maxton Global Ltd., the organizer of SCOFEX 2019, believes the choice of Ghana to host SCOFEX is important as the event casts a positive spotlight on the country as a business-friendly country and as government makes quality education the centerpiece of its development agenda.
He said, “Quality education as being promoted by government requires quality inputs by way of stationery to help achieve the intended objective.”
“SCOFEX, without a doubt, will present some of the highest quality stationery inputs from around the world on a single platform thus availing these products to the Ghanaian public” he adds.
SCOFEX will be an amazing opportunity for retailers and buyers from other African countries to start networking and hence advance the stationery product business in Ghana. It will also bring world-class brands such as Nataraj and BIC-CELLO from India, CENTRUM from Germany, DELI of UAE, JayKay Group and TPE from Malaysia as well as PILOT from Japan. Other brands include ARMSTRONG from Thailand and GAEA of China.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Parliamentary vrs High Court: Ayariga's decision to seek SC clarity gets backing
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- The Nigerian kidnapper who recruits, trains Ghanaians
- Central Region: Health workers get training on how to control mosquito breeding
- MMDCEs, Presiding Members call for recycling plants in regions to create jobs
- GHACEM completes free cement programme; 5,000 deprived communities benefit
- Nigeria probing how gorilla swallowed over $19,000 zoo funds
- This lady hopes to become the first black woman to visit every country in the world
- Ghana-Lebanon Islamic School optimistic of excellent results as 2019 class graduates
- More early grade, childhood teachers needed - Education Minister
- New law to regulate GM foods laid in Parliament for approval
- DOVVSU has no single vehicle - Ashanti regional coordinator decries
- Will a girls' school break NSMQ's 26year jinx?
- Mob attacks Nigerian, accuses him of attempted kidnapping
- NSMQ2019: The 3 schools that scored zero in Problem of the Day