Ghana will from April 16 to 18 host the biggest exhibition of stationery merchandise on the African continent dubbed ‘the School and Office Expo’ (Scofex 2019) in Accra.
The choice of Ghana as the host of the event is significant as the event brings under one umbrella some of the biggest names in the world of stationery and thus presents a huge boost to the country’s drive to attract quality products into its market.
One key objective of the expo, according to organizers, is to avail to Ghanaians, especially stakeholders in the educational sector, top quality stationery products and this syncs perfectly into the renewed commitment and emphasis on quality in the educational sector by the Ghanaian government.
With global exhibitors from over 15 countries supported by about 50 hosted buyers, the School and Office Expo 2019 is expected to attract more than 1000 visitors from across the West African sub-region all interested in the vast selection of stationery products, ranging from all kinds of paper products, different writing tools and anything else one can think of in the area of stationery and office supplies.
Josiah Spio-Garbrah, the Managing Director of Sekocom, the local partner of Maxton Global Ltd., the organizer of SCOFEX 2019, believes the choice of Ghana to host SCOFEX is important as the event casts a positive spotlight on the country as a business-friendly country and as government makes quality education the centerpiece of its development agenda.
He said, “Quality education as being promoted by government requires quality inputs by way of stationery to help achieve the intended objective.”
“SCOFEX, without a doubt, will present some of the highest quality stationery inputs from around the world on a single platform thus availing these products to the Ghanaian public” he adds.
SCOFEX will be an amazing opportunity for retailers and buyers from other African countries to start networking and hence advance the stationery product business in Ghana. It will also bring world-class brands such as Nataraj and BIC-CELLO from India, CENTRUM from Germany, DELI of UAE, JayKay Group and TPE from Malaysia as well as PILOT from Japan. Other brands include ARMSTRONG from Thailand and GAEA of China.
More News Headlines
- KAIPTC remembers Kofi Annan one year on
- Manual for managing school libraries outdoored
- Photos: 5 arrested for smuggling over 4000 bags of fertilizers
- Conquering Kilimanjaro for child online safety
- AFRICOM, Ghana Armed Forces commence Africa Endeavor 2019
- Menzgold CEO's press conference in pictures
- Repent; accept Jesus Christ - Menzgold CEO tells detractors
- Climate change in Africa: Survey finds worsening agriculture conditions
- US government deports 40 Ghanaians
- EOCO knew my travel plans - Menzgold CEO
- Rate of police contract appointments worrying
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs
- Full speech: NAM 1 breaks silence after 9 months detention