Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia left the country on Wednesday on the invitation of two top Business universities in the U.S.
He will be the Keynote Speaker at the Columbia University’s Annual Economic Forum in New York City, as well as the Chicago University’s Booth Business School’s 2019 Emerging Market Summit.
During his stay in the U.S., Dr. Bawumia will also travel to Dallas, Texas to interact with the Ghanaian community there.
Last month, the Vice President was the Inspirational Speaker at the graduation ceremony for the 2019 Humanities and Law graduates of the University of Buckingham.
He graduated with First Class Honours Degree in Economics from the same university in 1987.
Dr. Bawumia is expected back in Accra on Tuesday.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Suspected child thief arrested at Sabon Zongo in Kumasi
- 2 sacked appointees yet to refund clothing allowance they still took for 6mnths
- Premix-Cartel: Ghana losing about ₵23k on every fuel truck
- The shiny cocoons of an exotic butterfly that look like gold jewels
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- Zipline delivery rescues 113 students from acute diarrhoea
- Application for Jack Ma's Africa Netpreneur prize to close on June 30
- No 'dumsor' on Black Stars match days - PDS
- What it's like to vacation in Iraq
- NSMQ2019 Day 2 wrap: Kumasi derby that broke KASS hearts, kick seeded school out
- Thought-provoking quotes from Joy FM's Super Morning Show
- NaCCA finalizes ‘anti-corruption’ integrity education manual for students
- Former Dep minister's son found dead in Manhattan
- NSMQ2019: 1pt difference as OWASS dumps KASS, OKESS in Kumasi derby
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills visits Archbishop of Canterbury