Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia left the country on Wednesday on the invitation of two top Business universities in the U.S.
He will be the Keynote Speaker at the Columbia University’s Annual Economic Forum in New York City, as well as the Chicago University’s Booth Business School’s 2019 Emerging Market Summit.
During his stay in the U.S., Dr. Bawumia will also travel to Dallas, Texas to interact with the Ghanaian community there.
Last month, the Vice President was the Inspirational Speaker at the graduation ceremony for the 2019 Humanities and Law graduates of the University of Buckingham.
He graduated with First Class Honours Degree in Economics from the same university in 1987.
Dr. Bawumia is expected back in Accra on Tuesday.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Poor sanitation costs gov't $290m annually - Sanitation Minister
- Woman wakes after 27 years in coma
- ‘Kumasi market fires possible work of arsonists’ - Fire Service, KMA
- Sharubutu@100: Your speeches evoke wisdom - Rawlings celebrates Chief Imam
- CDD-Ghana adopts Senior Correctional Centers in Accra
- Chief Imam is an iconic leader - Mohammed Ibn Chambas
- Jailbreak: Convict, suspects escape from police cell
- As chief Imam turns 100, a clear message for all
- Guinness Ghana, partners urge drivers to drive safe
- Akim Oda: CAC gets 300 banquet chairs from businessman
- Family of military couple that died in flood wants gov’t support for 12-year-old son
- Surviving disaster: Victim of Achimota building collapse becomes top producer
- Road crew gets failing grade after misspelling ‘school’ on school crossing
- Subin MP says Asafo Market fire is 'quite strange,' plans to partner with NADMO
- Otumfuo@20: Let peace reign upon our nation - Asantehene appeals to politicians