A team of students from the Regent University College of Science and Technology in Accra has emerged finalists in the Hult Prize Regional finals held in Madrid, Spain.
The team was among six universities which got to the finals in the competition from April 5 to 6.
The Halt Prize is an annual start-up competition for promising young social entrepreneurs emerging from the world’s universities with a winning prize of $1 million.
A statement issued in Accra by Benjamin Larbi, the Acting Head of Communications of Regent University, and copied to the Ghana News Agency, said the finalists were select from 41 universities by a jury.
The Regent Team was the only group from an African university at the competition.
It said the top six finalists included university teams from London School of Economics, Cambridge University, University of Warwick, University College of London, all from the United Kingdom, Regent University College of Science and Technology, Ghana, and the University of Monterrey, Mexico.
It said the finalists would have the opportunity to participate in the Hult Business Accelerator Programme in Ashridge Castle, UK, later in the year.
It said emerging as the top six finalists out of over 40 universities globally had been really humbling, noting that the future was indeed bright for Regent University.
Mirna Consuelo Del Castillo, the Hult Prize Regional Director, congratulated the Regent team and advised them not to give up but rather believe in themselves and keep pushing forward.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes
- UHAS ranked 12th best university in Ghana
- Domaine de Chantilly: The most elegant hotel in Paris
- 3 Nabbed over ¢950,000 scam
- Abandon dependent mentality - Akufo-Addo charges Africans