World’s number one Irish whiskey, Jameson, has been awarded the 2018 ‘International Spirit of the Year’ at the just ended Ghana Beverages Awards.
Jameson, a product of the world’s second largest wine and spirits company, Pernod Ricard, was rewarded for its outstanding strides in the year 2018. The brand whose current “Why? Taste, That’s Why” global campaign is set to remind consumers why they drink Jameson – for its amazing smooth taste – has been growing in the market since its official introduction to Ghana in 2014.
Speaking on the award, Corporate Relations Manager of Pernod Ricard Ghana, Eunice Osei-Tutu, expressed gratitude to the organizers of the Awards for introducing a new set of categories which included International Spirit of the Year.
“We are very delighted that the organizers of this prestigious awards recognised the need to add new categories to acknowledge a wider scope of brands including international beverage brands. To be recognised as an International Spirit winner that is both respected and influential is a great honour. We say it is an impressive achievement”, she stated.
“We would like to say a very big thank you to our consumers in Ghana for the high patronage and we do hope that this will also encourage new consumers to raise a glass of Jameson and appreciate for themselves the reason why it is the number one Irish whiskey in the world and the Best International Spirit of the year in Ghana.
Indeed, as a hallmark of the unwavering consistency of the Pernod Ricard Group, we are committed to sourcing the best raw materials to bring excellent products to our shelves. These results are further evidenced in the spirits we produce which are of the highest quality. The award is a testament to Pernod Ricard’s approach to ensure that its customers are satisfied globally”, she emphasised.
She further explained that Pernod Ricard has consistently been a powerhouse of the most prestigious brand portfolio in the beverage industry. She also stressed that the Group is strongly committed to a sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption.
Mrs Osei-Tutu concluded by congratulating staff of Pernod Ricard Ghana for their immense effort to this great honour.
The Ghana Beverage Awards is organized by Global Media Alliance to celebrate and inspire the beverage industry in Ghana. The award is structured to honour and recognize both local and international excelling beverage brands and companies in Ghana.
About Irish Distillers
Jameson Irish Whiskey is made by Irish Distillers, Ireland’s leading supplier of spirits and wines and producer of the world’s most well-known and successful Irish whiskeys. Led by Jameson, Irish Distillers’ brands are driving the global renaissance of Irish whiskey. Jameson is the world’s fastest-growing Irish whiskey, experiencing 29 years of consecutive growth and hitting sales of 7.3m cases in 2018. Irish Distillers’ brands are exported to 130+ markets, with over 80 of those experiencing double- or triple-digit growth.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- BOST signs Collective Bargaining Agreement with Senior Staff
- Ethiopian Airlines is Africa’s Best Airline for 3rd consecutive year
- Stereotyping Nigerians: High Commissioner was right to caution media
- Judge summons IGP, CID boss as contempt looms
- Sonrise fails to shine as Pope John record first NSMQ win in two years
- A few Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana - Dr Antwi Danso
- Agyenim Boateng blasts CID for arresting Nigerian professor
- No arrests made in fatal Achimota clashes
- CAMFED echos call for more action against teenage pregnancy
- Catholic Bishop wants to drop holy water out of a helicopter in mass exorcism
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Worldwide displacement tops 70m - UN urges solidarity in response
- ‘Show us this idiot’: Nigerian community wants to meet suspect in missing Taadi girls case
- High court backs NCA’s 45km maximum coverage radius for radio stations
- Black & Abroad founders encourage African Americans to visit their ancestral continent