Head of Business News programming at The Multimedia Group, Emma Morrison has been adjudged Corporate Personality of the Year at the just ended Glitz Africa Ghana Women of the Year Honours.
The event which was held in Accra on Saturday celebrated Ghanaian women who in their various fields of endeavour have contributed to making Ghana a better place.
Emma with many years of journalism practice under her belt was nominated together with seven other renowned women professionals.
Miss Mo, as she is affectionately called by her colleagues described transitioning from journalism to the corporate world as an exciting journey.
She advised young women to aim higher by breaking the glass ceiling.
“Don’t stay the same, don’t stay on one level. Aspire to move up, it is challenging but I want to encourage young upcoming women that they should put themselves forward and rise to the challenge and they can also make it,” she said.
Other women who were honoured at the ceremony are, host of the National Science and Maths Quiz, Dr. Elsie Effah Kaufman for Excellence in Education, Producer and Reporter, Nana Aba Anamoah for Excellence in Media and CEO of the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) Delese Mini Darko for Excellence in Health.
Barbara Baeta was adjudged Business Woman of the year, the current and former Attorney Generals, Gloria Akuffo and Marietta Brew Appiah Oppong were honoured for Excellence in Governance, respectively.
Emma was accompanied to the ceremony by some of her colleagues, including Multi TV MD Santokh Singh
The Excellence in Entertainment award went to CEO of Charter House, Theresa Ayoade while Educationist Dr. Rosina Acheampong received the Lifetime Achievement honours.
Overall, nine women were honoured at the ceremony which was the highlight of a three-day event.
Through the Ghana Women of the Year Honours, Glitz Africa continue its mission to celebrate women who use their expertise, position and influence to inspire others to make a difference in driving other women forward
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Just in: Gunmen abduct Indian businessman in Kumasi
- Tourists get thrilling Easter experience at Ghana’s top destinations
- Disclosing info on missing Taadi girls dangerous - AG
- We can’t bring Menzgold CEO home just yet – Attorney General
- Aker Energy proposal deadline not Friday – Energy Ministry refutes
- Tipper truck runs into building; injures 2 teenagers
- Photo of the week: Throwback as Chief Imam turns 100 years
- Minister orders reassignment of GHA Roads Toll Manager
- Filipino man has been nailed to a cross every Good Friday for 33 years
- Swedru Municipal guards assault case referred to ADR
- GhanaPostGPS requirement for ID card lands at Appeals court
- Bawumia to partake in Oxford University series of lectures
- UK school principals to visit Accra in May
- The inside story of Aisha Huang: 'I watched her shoot a Ghanaian dead'
- 'Galamsey queen' was not exchanged for $2bn Sinohydro deal – Minister