Head of Business News programming at The Multimedia Group, Emma Morrison has been adjudged Corporate Personality of the Year at the just ended Glitz Africa Ghana Women of the Year Honours.
The event which was held in Accra on Saturday celebrated Ghanaian women who in their various fields of endeavour have contributed to making Ghana a better place.
Emma with many years of journalism practice under her belt was nominated together with seven other renowned women professionals.
Miss Mo, as she is affectionately called by her colleagues described transitioning from journalism to the corporate world as an exciting journey.
She advised young women to aim higher by breaking the glass ceiling.
“Don’t stay the same, don’t stay on one level. Aspire to move up, it is challenging but I want to encourage young upcoming women that they should put themselves forward and rise to the challenge and they can also make it,” she said.
Other women who were honoured at the ceremony are, host of the National Science and Maths Quiz, Dr. Elsie Effah Kaufman for Excellence in Education, Producer and Reporter, Nana Aba Anamoah for Excellence in Media and CEO of the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) Delese Mini Darko for Excellence in Health.
Barbara Baeta was adjudged Business Woman of the year, the current and former Attorney Generals, Gloria Akuffo and Marietta Brew Appiah Oppong were honoured for Excellence in Governance, respectively.
Emma was accompanied to the ceremony by some of her colleagues, including Multi TV MD Santokh Singh
The Excellence in Entertainment award went to CEO of Charter House, Theresa Ayoade while Educationist Dr. Rosina Acheampong received the Lifetime Achievement honours.
Overall, nine women were honoured at the ceremony which was the highlight of a three-day event.
Through the Ghana Women of the Year Honours, Glitz Africa continue its mission to celebrate women who use their expertise, position and influence to inspire others to make a difference in driving other women forward
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes
- UHAS ranked 12th best university in Ghana
- Domaine de Chantilly: The most elegant hotel in Paris