Police in the Eastern Region are on a manhunt for robbers who attacked a four-bedroom apartment at Asuboi a suburb in Suhum Municipality on Saturday.
The apartment housed six Chinese nationals working on one of the government’s one district one factory project in the area.
The armed robbers made away with seven mobile phones, 15,000 Yen, GHc 37,000.00 and one HP laptop.
The attack left one of the victims, 58-year-old Song Zhao Sheng, dead after a robber struck him with a cement block for showing some resistance.
The Deputy Eastern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Sergeant Gomado Francis who confirmed the incident to Citi News said Song Zhao Sheng was pronounced dead on arrival at the Suhum government hospital.
“Song Zhao Sheng, aged 58 years old, now deceased, who was hit on the head with a cement block sustained injuries on his head and was rushed to Suhum Government Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival. The area was thoroughly combed but the robbers were not found. The scene was carefully inspected and photographed after inspection,” he said.
He added that “enquiries were extended to the Suhum Government Hospital where the body of deceased Song Zhao Sheng was inspected and found with a cut at the back of the head and with blood oozing from it.”
Sergeant Gomado Francis called on the general public to assist the police command with reliable information to aid their investigations.
“We have instigated a full-scale investigation and efforts are ongoing to get the perpetrators arrested. I will, therefore, use your medium to appeal to the general public to assist us with useful information that will aid us to apprehend the culprits in the shortest possible time,” he said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse