Residents of Awudome Estate in Accra have been hit by an acute water crisis for the past few days as a result of a Ghana Water Company’s broken pipeline which supplies water to the neighbourhood.
A treated water has been gushing out continuously on Manye Amorkor street since the fault occurred while there is no water running through their pipes.
A resident, Mr Kwasi Boateng, complained about the attitude of some staff of the company who after receiving the report of the burst pipe have failed to fix the problem.
Another resident who spoke in anonymity alleged that any time there was a problem residents were made to pay Ghana Water company staff before they fix their problems.
He said he is making an alternative arrangement for water. “Forget about them,” he said.
In an interview with the Accra West Communications Director Solace Akomea said she will detail engineers to the community to fix the problem as soon as possible.
She also rubbished the claim that her staff charges fees before they fix problems.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghanaian student shines at China’s leading university
- Father pulls son out of school so he can focus on video games full time
- Two planes collide at U.S. airport
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian