Residents of Awudome Estate in Accra have been hit by an acute water crisis for the past few days as a result of a Ghana Water Company’s broken pipeline which supplies water to the neighbourhood.
A treated water has been gushing out continuously on Manye Amorkor street since the fault occurred while there is no water running through their pipes.
A resident, Mr Kwasi Boateng, complained about the attitude of some staff of the company who after receiving the report of the burst pipe have failed to fix the problem.
Another resident who spoke in anonymity alleged that any time there was a problem residents were made to pay Ghana Water company staff before they fix their problems.
He said he is making an alternative arrangement for water. “Forget about them,” he said.
In an interview with the Accra West Communications Director Solace Akomea said she will detail engineers to the community to fix the problem as soon as possible.
She also rubbished the claim that her staff charges fees before they fix problems.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Millionaire put private plane on autopilot so he could have sex with 15-year-old girl
- Real-life filming locations from when 'Game of Thrones' was good
- Dredge Masters cleans Odaw, Korle Lagoon as Akufo-Addo tours flooded areas
- Kumasi floods: One confirmed dead
- Make Tarkwa, Nkroful the Johannesburgs of Africa - Minister tells mining companies
- Chereponi: Renewed clashes claim one life as health workers flee
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties