April Borns Family, a group made up of persons born in April, has donated assorted items to Becky's Foundation, an orphanage at Senya Bereku in the Central Region.
The donation was part of the group's Corporate Social Responsibility of giving back to society as they celebrate their month of birth.
According to one of the coordinators of the group, Nana Yaw Preko, the month of April is a special month not only for merrymaking but giving to the underprivileged in our society.
He intimated that that April, their month of birth, won’t be complete without spreading the love April borns are known to be endowed with.
“The month of April is a significant milestone as far as April Borns are concerned" he explained.
The Executive Director for Becky's Foundation, Seth Aseidu, explained that donor support from outside has been scarce thus relying on support from local individuals and agencies.
"Previously, we had some foreign organizations who were coming in to support us but now we are having difficulties with funding. We are indeed grateful that you have donated to support the children here," the Executive Director noted.
He appealed to corporate Ghana to support the foundation with donations, adding that this would help cater for the basic needs of orphans in the Orphanage home.
"These donations go a long way to support the foundation," he stressed.
Another coordinator of the group, Yvonne Asare Sarpong, explained how one could become a member of the April borns group. “You just have to be born in the special month of April before you could be admitted to this group,” She explained.
According to her, they are backed by prominent personalities in Ghana such as Sammy Awuku, the NPP National organiser, George Nenyi Andah, Member of Parliament for Awutu Senya West constituency, Abu Jinapor, Deputy Chief of Staff.
The rest are Dr Victor Bampoe, former Deputy Health Minister, Stan Dogbe, former spokesperson for President Mahama, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, Minister for Information, Rocky Joojo Obeng, Deputy YEA Coordinator, Roni Nicol, Lawyer Herbert Krappa and a host of others.
“We are on a mission to pool resources together to put smiles on the faces of the less privileged in the Ghanaian society,” she ended.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah
- Two staff at Office of Special Prosecutor allegedly steal fuel
- Thousands of Burkinabes flee to Ghana over unrest
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, May 20, 2019
- Private BECE results released
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now