Thousands have already gathered at the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park in Accra for the 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen.
The event has over decade fetes, clothes, and provides medical care to thousands of underprivileged people on the street every year.
Young people mostly women and teenagers – many of them with babies – also get the opportunity to undergo medical screening and counselling.
A large pool of medical staff from various organisations under the auspices of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana, Greater Accra branch, are helping with screening and counselling.
Millennium Promise is also undertaking diabetes test with Call Angels providing ambulance services.
Crystal Hospital is doing a general screening of the many people who have trooped into the Park.
Adjei Yeboah, a medical staff said many of those screened for sugar level and blood pressure fall within the normal range.
The predominant complaint, however, he said, is bodily pain which is not surprising given that these are head porters who cart heavy loads daily and traipse long distance through thick crowds.
They are, therefore, being given pain killers and blood tonic as well as dewormers.
With more to eat and drink, staff of multimedia and other volunteers served participants with packs of food, bottled water and soft drinks.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019
- Teachers urged to encourage students to excel
- Police open investigation into fatal Akrokerri mine pit collapse