Thousands have already gathered at the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park in Accra for the 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen.
The event has over decade fetes, clothes, and provides medical care to thousands of underprivileged people on the street every year.
Young people mostly women and teenagers – many of them with babies – also get the opportunity to undergo medical screening and counselling.
A large pool of medical staff from various organisations under the auspices of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana, Greater Accra branch, are helping with screening and counselling.
Millennium Promise is also undertaking diabetes test with Call Angels providing ambulance services.
Crystal Hospital is doing a general screening of the many people who have trooped into the Park.
Adjei Yeboah, a medical staff said many of those screened for sugar level and blood pressure fall within the normal range.
The predominant complaint, however, he said, is bodily pain which is not surprising given that these are head porters who cart heavy loads daily and traipse long distance through thick crowds.
They are, therefore, being given pain killers and blood tonic as well as dewormers.
With more to eat and drink, staff of multimedia and other volunteers served participants with packs of food, bottled water and soft drinks.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training
- Gov't provides 21 mechanised boreholes to Ghana Prisons Service
- Major Mahama murder trial: Prosecution invites 10th witness
- Special Prosecutor Office becoming butt of a joke – Suhuyini
- Ex-convict remanded for alleged murder of grandmother, 72
- Convener of Press Freedom protest claims attack
- Ogilvy Ghana bags 6 prestigious African SABRE awards
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
- Millionaire put private plane on autopilot so he could have sex with 15-year-old girl
- Real-life filming locations from when 'Game of Thrones' was good