Thousands have already gathered at the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park in Accra for the 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen.
The event has over decade fetes, clothes, and provides medical care to thousands of underprivileged people on the street every year.
Young people mostly women and teenagers – many of them with babies – also get the opportunity to undergo medical screening and counselling.
A large pool of medical staff from various organisations under the auspices of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana, Greater Accra branch, are helping with screening and counselling.
Millennium Promise is also undertaking diabetes test with Call Angels providing ambulance services.
Crystal Hospital is doing a general screening of the many people who have trooped into the Park.
Adjei Yeboah, a medical staff said many of those screened for sugar level and blood pressure fall within the normal range.
The predominant complaint, however, he said, is bodily pain which is not surprising given that these are head porters who cart heavy loads daily and traipse long distance through thick crowds.
They are, therefore, being given pain killers and blood tonic as well as dewormers.
With more to eat and drink, staff of multimedia and other volunteers served participants with packs of food, bottled water and soft drinks.
More News Headlines
- Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 PDS imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues
- Ghana Grand conquers most difficult terrain
- Personality Profile: Prophet Kofi Oduro takes his turn
- Group calls for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
- We don’t oppose good education policies- Oppong Nkrumah
- Those who lost bank jobs have found new work- Deputy Employment Minister
- UNDP to use TICAD7 to advance sustainable development in Africa
- Former GJA president lauds Herbert Mensah, others for supporting journalism dev’t
- Hotel room rates in Accra ranked 2nd in Africa after Addis Ababa
- MTN Heroes of Change final slated for Friday
- MTN Heroes of Change 2019: Dr Benjamin Akinkang brings hope with free surgeries