A market fire has destroyed properties in Kumasi once again, this time wreaking havoc at the popular Asafo Market.
On Friday, a similar fire incident destroyed stalls and other properties at the ‘Doctor Mensah’ section of the Kumasi Central Market.
The Asafo Market fire struck on Saturday, razing shops and leaving affected traders helpless as they count their loses.
Market fires are fairly common in the Kumasi metropolis.
Last year, about 50 stalls at were razed at the Kumasi Central Market.
There is no official word yet on what caused the Asafo Market.
However, some affected traders believe a cobbler might kept one of their electrical equipment running overnight, heating up and catching fire.
Watch photos below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghanaian student shines at China’s leading university
- Father pulls son out of school so he can focus on video games full time
- Two planes collide at U.S. airport
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian