A market fire has destroyed properties in Kumasi once again, this time wreaking havoc at the popular Asafo Market.
On Friday, a similar fire incident destroyed stalls and other properties at the ‘Doctor Mensah’ section of the Kumasi Central Market.
The Asafo Market fire struck on Saturday, razing shops and leaving affected traders helpless as they count their loses.
Market fires are fairly common in the Kumasi metropolis.
Last year, about 50 stalls at were razed at the Kumasi Central Market.
There is no official word yet on what caused the Asafo Market.
However, some affected traders believe a cobbler might kept one of their electrical equipment running overnight, heating up and catching fire.
Watch photos below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Real-life filming locations from when 'Game of Thrones' was good
- Dredge Masters cleans Odaw, Korle Lagoon as Akufo-Addo tours flooded areas
- Kumasi floods: One confirmed dead
- Make Tarkwa, Nkroful the Johannesburgs of Africa - Minister tells mining companies
- Chereponi: Renewed clashes claim one life as health workers flee
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra