Dr Mensa Otabil, the General Overseer of International Central Gospel Church (ICGC) on Sunday said the resurrection of Jesus Christ is not a myth but a historical fact.
Dr Otabil said the empty tomb discovered by the women proves that the resurrection of Christ is not a fabricated story.
According to him the tomb never became the message but the cross did and nobody could challenge it.
He said that Christ’s encounter with his disciples affirms that he resurrected because they carried their testimonies of his resurrection with them adding that their persecutions and their horrific deaths did not change their testimony.
The impact of the early church on people is the greatest attestation of his resurrection.
In his sermon on Easter Sunday at ICGC Christ Temple on the theme “Christ our saviour is risen” he said Christ’s resurrection is the present reality since he lives his life through humans, and noted that “even though his power is at work in us, Human beings want to accomplish their successes and achievements on their own.
“Christ touches the world through us, he heals through us therefore as a believer you cannot lean on your own understanding, you cannot give up in the face of challenges. No matter what happens you can look to Christ and overcome. The resurrection is indeed our reality so our end will be glorious.”
Pastor Otabil said the resurrection was the living hope, just like there was life beyond womb so is there life beyond death.
He explained that death was not the end but the beginning since humans escaped the womb and came to earth, they would escape death to eternity.
He said the resurrection was the eternal inheritance of every believer because God had prepared a glorious place for all believers in heaven adding that none of the most beautiful places on earth could be compared to heaven and all who believe in him would live eternally in God’s presence
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes