Jonmoore International Limited in partnership with a team of passionate dental specialists from the United Kingdom under the auspices of Smile Dental Centre are once again in the Volta Region embarking on free dental screening and care to thee communities from the 23rd to 29th of April 2019.
The program is an annual event aimed at educating people with little or no access to dental care about basic oral hygiene and they are also providing free dental screening, care, advise and referrals as applicable.
The leader of the team is Dr. George Brown, a renowned dental specialist in the UK with a practice in Ghana.
Speaking to media, Dr. Chris Vondee, a member of the team, said it has not been easy having to travel every year to help meet the dental needs of the people with no funding. But with the team's commitment and passion and the support of Jonmoore International Limited, they are able to address to a higher extent, the various dental needs presented by the people from the communities they visit.
Dr. Vondee advocated that the government train more dentists to help solve the dental problems the country is confronted with.
Professor Francis Zotor of the University of Allied Science, Volta Region, stated that there is an urgent need to have more dental experts in the various regions especially in the government and district hospitals, he said.
"We need more dentists in the regions to help with these dental issues.”
The Member of Parliament for South Dayi, Honourable Rockson Etsey Nelson Dafeamekpor supported the outreach with the provision of buses to convey the residents, especially the elderly from the various communities within Peki and its surroundings towns to the venue for the outreach. He commended the doctors for the effective role they are playing to bring free dental care to the people.
The Corporate Manager of Jonmoore International Limited, Miss Amma Abrokwah stated that as part of the company's commitment to give back to the society, Jonmoore will continue to support organised bodies to meet basic health needs of societies across the country as part of its corporate social responsibility. In April 2018, the company partnered with this team of dental specialists to provide free dental screening and care to residents of Ve-kolenu, Hohoe, Tsito and Abotia.
The dental team is presently at Peki Blengo. They will also visit Adaklu and Adidome respectfully to bring this year's dental outreach to a close.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia
- We're confident missing Taadi girls will be found - Ghana Gas to families
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched