Over 1000 people with disabilities have been presented startup kits and items by the District Chief Executive for Ketu North District, Anthony Avorgbedor.
Persons with disabilities have 3% of District Assembly Common Funds meant for their upkeep.
The fund, which was previously given in cash, is now used to buy items for them in a bid to improve them economically.
Presenting the items, Anthony Avorgbedor promised government's commitment at making sure that PWDs are given the needed attention.
He said the government is committed to help them gain some financial freedom.
He appealed to the public to also support the PWDs.
Mr Avorgbedor said building capacities and empowering PWDs remains one of the government's major priorities.
According to him, the assembly, which represents the government in the district, will continue to support PWDs with training and working tools to empower them financially.
One of the beneficiaries who spoke on behalf of his colleagues was grateful for the kind gesture towards then and asked that more is done for the people of disabilities.
He commended the DCE for the area for his deep love towards persons with disability in the Ketu North District.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghanaian student shines at China’s leading university
- Father pulls son out of school so he can focus on video games full time
- Two planes collide at U.S. airport
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian