A 30-year-old Indian businessman abducted Thursday night has been found.
Umpakan Chodri sought refuge in a house on the premises of Akokoamon primary/JHS school in the Ashanti region.
He begged some women in the house to be hidden as he narrowly escaped his pistol-wielding captors.
Umpakan Chodri looked dishevelled with a bloody nose. Through the help of the women, he contacted his brother who also contacted the police, Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor has reported.
A team of police officers headed to the location and have picked up the businessman to assist with investigations.
Myjoyonline.com has learnt, his abductors demanded $500,000 ransom after sending his family, photos of their victim with a gun pointed to his head.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Media houses join hands in #DefendMediaFreedom campaign
- Immediate past IGP not free of contempt charges – Srem-Sai
- Efforts to end water scarcity must be science-driven – Expert
- That’s My Opinion: ’Good citizens are not born’
- Video: Adenta-Madina residents refuse to use highway footbridge
- Medical report declaring MP murder suspect sane for trial challenged
- Afoko contempt case: IGP, CID boss fail to show up on judgement day again
- Akufo-Addo directs IGP Apeatu to hand over to deputy
- World Population Day: Support, empower adolescents in fight against teenage pregnancies
- Danger! LPG cylinders' safety compromised
- CID investigation in Bissue’s case ‘unhelpful distraction’ - Tiger Eye
- Probe Suale’s death - US Embassy
- Water insecurity across the world on increasing – USAID
- Harvesting rainwater best method to ensure water availability for all – Entrepreneur