A 30-year-old Indian businessman abducted Thursday night has been found.
Umpakan Chodri sought refuge in a house on the premises of Akokoamon primary/JHS school in the Ashanti region.
He begged some women in the house to be hidden as he narrowly escaped his pistol-wielding captors.
Umpakan Chodri looked dishevelled with a bloody nose. Through the help of the women, he contacted his brother who also contacted the police, Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor has reported.
A team of police officers headed to the location and have picked up the businessman to assist with investigations.
Myjoyonline.com has learnt, his abductors demanded $500,000 ransom after sending his family, photos of their victim with a gun pointed to his head.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah
- Two staff at Office of Special Prosecutor allegedly steal fuel
- Thousands of Burkinabes flee to Ghana over unrest
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, May 20, 2019
- Private BECE results released
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now