One of twelve pro-NDC vigilante group “Hawks” members who is wanted by police in connection with the February bloody shooting at the party's office in Kumasi, has been stabbed by unknown persons in an attack in his home.
Akon (second person from left on the top row) is among those declared wanted by police in February
Relatives say Suleman Fusseini, 27, was returning home for the first time since being declared wanted by the Ashanti Regional Police Command when about 20 motorbike -riding young men surrounded the Abirem Old Town residence Thursday.
They stabbed him in the thigh and back before ransacking the house and took away cash and other personal belongings but was later rescued by local police.
"Two guys approach me and they asked of the whereabouts of my brother. I told them I haven't seen him. They insisted I opened the door because he was inside. When they broke the door with blocks, we entered and my brother was there in his shorts on his sofa sitting there with plenty GH₵50 notes infront of him; plus two phones. They just grabbed him and one guy called Tanko stabbed him with a knife on his thigh," says a sister, Samira Hussein.
The attack took place in this house
According to her, Akon fell unconscious after the attackers who fired warning shots to disperse onlookers who rushed to the house assaulted him.
" Blood started oozing out like pipe and one guy used a scissors to stab him at the back. Then they started beating him so I started screaming; people started coming here so I heard a gunshot then the people started running," she said.
‘Akon’ was later rescued by the Kenyasi Police who handed him over to the Regional Criminal Investigations Department.
The family says it is unhappy police have refused to give information on the whereabouts and health condition of Suleiman.
Akon’s attackers also ransacked his room (above) and other rooms in the house
Relatives also accuse the security agency of failing to accept official complaint from them over the attacks on ‘Akon’.
Samira Hussein again.
" They [police] are not telling us anything. They just said he is not there and then they won't allow us to write our statement. "
Asked if the family is scared, she said the family is not scared of the development.
"We are not scared. They can't do us anything. We are just disappointed in the police," she insisted.
Meanwhile, police say Suleman is receiving medical attention at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah
- Two staff at Office of Special Prosecutor allegedly steal fuel
- Thousands of Burkinabes flee to Ghana over unrest
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, May 20, 2019
- Private BECE results released
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now