The Ashanti Region chapter of the Ghana Journalist Association (GJA) has released a shortlist of journalists nominated for honours on May 31.
The 21 shortlisted nominees reveal multiple names of journalists from the Multimedia Group lead names of journalists from other media houses.
Asenso Mensah, Kwasi Debrah, Erastus Asare Donkor, Mahmud Mohammed-Nurudeen, Nana Yaw Gyimah and Prince Appiah, all Multimedia Group journalists, are up for the awards.
The Awards Committee of the Ashanti Region GJA sifted out the 21 shortlisted nominees from a total of 99 entries in 24 categories from 11 media houses.
The awards event next month is on the theme, “The Media’s Mandate in Fostering Environmental Sanitation.”
The names and media houses of the shortlisted nominees are published below.
1. Asenso Mensah (Multimedia)
2. Jeff Nsiah Boadu (UTV)
3. Benjamin Aidoo (TV3)
4. Kwadwo Boadu (UTV)
5. Beatrice Spio-Garbrah (TV3)
6. Kwasi Debrah (Multimedia)
7. Erastus Asare Donkor (Multimedia)
8. Kizito Cudjoe (BFT)
9. Isaac Amoah(The New Trust)
10. Kwadwo Baffoe Donkor (Graphic)
11. Mahmud Mohammed-Nurudeen (Multimedia)
12. Hafiz Tizani (Citi FM)
13. Daniel Kenu (Graphic)
14. Emmanuel Baah (Graphic)
15. Yussif Ibrahim (GNA)
16. Nana Yaw Gyimah (Multimedia)
17. Prince Appiah (Multimedia)
18. Ivan Heathcote Fumador (EIB)
19. Ibrahim Abubakar (TV3)
20. Nicholas Osei-Wusu (GBC)
21. Richmond Frimpong (Oyerepa FM)
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni
- Mahama murder trial: Court orders BNI to give suspect more time with lawyer
- Failed nurse jailed 22 months for faking documents
- The LEKMA road that kills people seeking medical care
- Bad roads: It's leadership's responsibility to FixLekmaNow - Residents
- #FixLekmaNow: JoyNews, JoyFM storm LEKMA community
- Exploding gas cylinder kills one Chinese, 2 others in critical condition
- Ireland’s most prolific petty criminal racks up conviction number 648
- Newspaper headlines : Thursday, July 18, 2019