Cabinet has given approval to the request by the Communications Ministry to migrate all public sector workers to a dedicated state email domain for official business.
The move is in the quest to safeguard the critical infrastructure of government against cyber attacks.
Communications Minister, Ursula Owusu Ekuful, disclosed at the first retreat for the National Cybersecurity Technical working group at Aburi.
According to her, Ghana falls in the top ten users of social media on the globe thus making the country exposed to cyber attacks.
“It is unacceptable that a government official will be sending an official message with the use of his or her private email and this is not done anywhere in the world” she noted.
Ursula also revealed that the President has directed the Ministry to implement all the regulations on Cybercrime and related offences in order to make the safer digital Ghana campaign a success.
“We are determined to ensure that critical state infrastructure is protected regardless of the little funds we have as an institution”
The programme is expected to be executed by the National Cybersecurity Secretariat and the Ghana Domain Registry with oversight supervision from the Ministry.
The two days workshop by the committee is to give an opportunity to members to review the progress of work on the cybersecurity bill.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- MTN Heroes of Change 2019: Meet the Ekumfi man putting books on library shelves
- Indian man hasn’t cut or washed his hair in 40 years
- Flight attendants share their biggest passenger pet peeves
- UNESCO, ECOWAS sign MOU to enhance safety of Journalists in West Africa
- Third complaint against Sir David Adjaye over multiple contracts
- Christian family refuses to pay income taxes because it “goes against God’s will”
- Woman, 34, murdered in Agona Swedru
- Parliament approves conversion of UDS Wa campus into University
- 43-year-old mechanic jailed 5 years for beating up police officers
- Photo of the Week: When 'abnormal' indecent exposure becomes 'normal'
- KAIPTC to host flagship peace, security forum to honour late Kofi Annan
- Video: Presec students create App to track exeats
- Public Procurement Authority receives top award in Berlin
- L’AINE Services ends career clinic in Tamale
- Court to hear stay of proceedings motion filed by Dr Opuni