Cabinet has given approval to the request by the Communications Ministry to migrate all public sector workers to a dedicated state email domain for official business.
The move is in the quest to safeguard the critical infrastructure of government against cyber attacks.
Communications Minister, Ursula Owusu Ekuful, disclosed at the first retreat for the National Cybersecurity Technical working group at Aburi.
According to her, Ghana falls in the top ten users of social media on the globe thus making the country exposed to cyber attacks.
“It is unacceptable that a government official will be sending an official message with the use of his or her private email and this is not done anywhere in the world” she noted.
Ursula also revealed that the President has directed the Ministry to implement all the regulations on Cybercrime and related offences in order to make the safer digital Ghana campaign a success.
“We are determined to ensure that critical state infrastructure is protected regardless of the little funds we have as an institution”
The programme is expected to be executed by the National Cybersecurity Secretariat and the Ghana Domain Registry with oversight supervision from the Ministry.
The two days workshop by the committee is to give an opportunity to members to review the progress of work on the cybersecurity bill.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Minister orders reassignment of GHA Roads Toll Manager
- Filipino man has been nailed to a cross every Good Friday for 33 years
- Swedru Municipal guards assault case referred to ADR
- GhanaPostGPS requirement for ID card lands at Appeals court
- Bawumia to partake in Oxford University series of lectures
- UK school principals to visit Accra in May
- The inside story of Aisha Huang: 'I watched her shoot a Ghanaian dead'
- 'Galamsey queen' was not exchanged for $2bn Sinohydro deal – Minister
- Disclaimer: Unauthorized representatives of Multimedia Group Limited
- Ketu North District presents startup kits for disabled
- Jonmoore International Limited partners with UK dental specialists
- Time With Dentsu Aegis Network thought leaders
- Asanko Mining promotes literacy through reading, comprehension competition
- ‘Accra to be cleanest in Africa’: CONIWAS criticises Minister for extending timeline
- From the newsstands today: Thursday, April 25, 2019