A rainstorm in Accra on Sunday uprooted a tree at Lartebiokorshie, a suburb of the capital, causing damage to a car parked nearby.
The wine-coloured Nissan saloon car was parked a few metres from the tree, on the shoulder of the road.
The roof of the car and its windscreens have been smashed.
The impact shattered the windscreen of the car.
“Fortunately, there was no one in the car when the tree fell on it,” a resident said.
Commuters on the road especially in the Bishop Bowers area tell Joy News the tree has blocked the road, causing a traffic jam.
The tree was completely uprooted by the storm
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Suspected child thief arrested at Sabon Zongo in Kumasi
- 2 sacked appointees yet to refund clothing allowance they still took for 6mnths
- Premix-Cartel: Ghana losing about ₵23k on every fuel truck
- The shiny cocoons of an exotic butterfly that look like gold jewels
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- Zipline delivery rescues 113 students from acute diarrhoea
- Application for Jack Ma's Africa Netpreneur prize to close on June 30
- No 'dumsor' on Black Stars match days - PDS
- What it's like to vacation in Iraq
- NSMQ2019 Day 2 wrap: Kumasi derby that broke KASS hearts, kick seeded school out
- Thought-provoking quotes from Joy FM's Super Morning Show
- NaCCA finalizes ‘anti-corruption’ integrity education manual for students
- Former Dep minister's son found dead in Manhattan
- NSMQ2019: 1pt difference as OWASS dumps KASS, OKESS in Kumasi derby
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills visits Archbishop of Canterbury