A rainstorm in Accra on Sunday uprooted a tree at Lartebiokorshie, a suburb of the capital, causing damage to a car parked nearby.
The wine-coloured Nissan saloon car was parked a few metres from the tree, on the shoulder of the road.
The roof of the car and its windscreens have been smashed.
The impact shattered the windscreen of the car.
“Fortunately, there was no one in the car when the tree fell on it,” a resident said.
Commuters on the road especially in the Bishop Bowers area tell Joy News the tree has blocked the road, causing a traffic jam.
The tree was completely uprooted by the storm
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Poor sanitation costs gov't $290m annually - Sanitation Minister
- Woman wakes after 27 years in coma
- ‘Kumasi market fires possible work of arsonists’ - Fire Service, KMA
- Sharubutu@100: Your speeches evoke wisdom - Rawlings celebrates Chief Imam
- CDD-Ghana adopts Senior Correctional Centers in Accra
- Chief Imam is an iconic leader - Mohammed Ibn Chambas
- Jailbreak: Convict, suspects escape from police cell
- As chief Imam turns 100, a clear message for all
- Guinness Ghana, partners urge drivers to drive safe
- Akim Oda: CAC gets 300 banquet chairs from businessman
- Family of military couple that died in flood wants gov’t support for 12-year-old son
- Surviving disaster: Victim of Achimota building collapse becomes top producer
- Road crew gets failing grade after misspelling ‘school’ on school crossing
- Subin MP says Asafo Market fire is 'quite strange,' plans to partner with NADMO
- Otumfuo@20: Let peace reign upon our nation - Asantehene appeals to politicians