istanbul escort altyazılı porno

Gov't did not sponsor Charles Bissue to U.K Town Hall Meeting

Gov't did not sponsor Charles Bissue to U.K Town Hall Meeting
Source: Ghana| Myjoyonline.com |Abubakar Ibrahim |abubakar.ibrahim@myjoyonline.com
Date: 09-04-2019 Time: 08:04:51:pm
Share
Charles Bissue's presence at a UK Town Hall Meeting was questioned by an angry diasporan

A Deputy Attorney General has said embattled presidential staffer fingered in galamsey bribery saga by Anas Aremeyaw Anas, was not sponsored by government for the UK Town Hall Meeting.

Godfried Yeboah Dame said Charles Bissue was in the UK and at the event on his own accord and not representing government in any capacity.

”The programme was open to the public, and even some white persons were in attendance, so if any Ghanaian citizen around wants to attend, so be it,” he said.  

He told Evans Mensah on Joy FM’s Newsnight programme Tuesday that, the steps taken by government to deal with the former presidential staffer who has stepped-aside, is “public knowledge.”

Mr. Charles Bissue’s issue indeed is being investigated by two independent institutions of the state i.e. the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) and the Office of the Special Prosecutor,” he said.


Deputy Attorney General, Godfred Yeboah Dame

Mr Bissue, then Secretary to the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining (IMCIM) was indicted in an undercover documentary by Anas for accepting cash gifts to allow an unlicensed mining company to operate.

In a letter last month, he argued his innocence of all the allegations of extortion in the ‘Galamsey Fraud’ documentary.


An outraged questioner at the Town Hall Meeting in London was surprised to have spotted Mr Bissue at the Meeting and demanded answers why he was there.

Since Saturday, the video of the diasporan resident in London seeking answers on his presence at the Meeting has gone viral much to the surprise of the Deputy Attorney-General.

Mr Ddame said it has become an issue of discussion on traditional and social media because of the one-sided “mischievous” publications.

“Clearly the question was posed and there was an answer right there and then…The answer was first given by Deputy Information Minister, Pius Hadzide and I also took the pains to answer it since it was addressed to me,” he told Joy News.

According to him, Mr. Bissue had already told the public about being invited by the CID and so it is not like government is shielding on of its own as some people want to make it seem.

 


Have your say  


More News Headlines


What others are reading
Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament