Day 5 of TheGhanaGrand tour kicked off in grand style from the Modern City Hotel in Tamale, as the Regional Minister, Salifu Saeed and members of his team hopped on their bikes to pedal alongside British High Commissioner Iain Walker and his riding partner, Joel Downham, as they exited the Northern Regional capital.
They weren’t the only ones who caught #TheGhanaGrand fever this morning. Members of Basic Needs Ghana, a mental health advocacy group, were also at the starting line with their bikes.
Iain Walker was grateful for their presence and support.
In a spontaneous show of support, several members of the community hopped on their bikes to ride alongside #TheGhanaGrand team as they cruised through the streets of Tamale.
As some riders fell back, unable to keep up the pace, one rider refused to give up. Salifu Saeed, Northern Regional Minister, in a great show of stamina, matched the two main riders pedal for pedal all the way.
On this 5th day of cycling, Iain Walker and Joel Downham will cover 140km from Tamale to Salaga.
High Commissioner, Iain Walker and Northern Regional Minister, Salifu Saeed.
More News Headlines
- Today at the newsstands
- Porous borders: Customs officials on high alert over suspected Ivorian rebels
- Asamponhene's killing: Close confidant arrested
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Tardi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi